Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Conditioning Problem

UnReaLT

Hi guys,

The Air Conditioning Unit on my Toyota Auris 2.0 D-4D does not seem to be doing a great job.

The compressor initiates as normal, however the car does not seem to ever get colder...

I've re-gassed the Air Con myself with EZ-Chill Air Con recharge and it is at the 'filled level'.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this problem, or should I bite the dust and take it to a garage in the hopes that I won't get ripped off by something that I could have done myself for a couple of pounds?

Thank You for your time.

Check to make sure your radiator fan(s) are running properly. Also check the front of the condenser for bugs, dirt, debris, and hose it off if necessary.

If that doesn't help, you need to get it to a good shop so they can put the gauges on it and do a proper system check. You may have over-charged it with your can of EZ-Chill and the only way to tell is by reading both the high and low pressures in relation to the ambient temperature. A system check is fairly inexpensive--if you wait for the compressor to fail, the price will be VERY expensive.

Hi,

Thank You for the reply.

I've just had it checked over for free by my local garage.

The system was indeed overcharged, thus it required the refrigerant to be released, optimum pressure is slightly above 2 PSI, however mine was an astonishing 4.5PSI, so they de-gassed the system until it reached 2 PSI and now it works normally once again.

I learnt alot today in regards to the Air Con system.

Thank You once again for your feedback, as I mentioned it to them and they checked it out :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links