Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Hybrid Deck Board Missing

BassaJay

Do any Yaris Hybrid owners have the raised boot floor deck board ? Mine has the supports for it but no deck board and I cannot see any reason, including HSD Battery ventilation, for it not being included. The HSB Battery being sited beneath the rear seat has its own dedicated breathing vent under the front of the rear seat squab and to one side.

This video shows the raised deck board at 0.45 secs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mE_4PhaKa4

Ive just checked two brand new ones in the showroom and they dont have them either

Kingo :thumbsup:

Just noticed it is a revision from the original spec, the car in the video was probably a pre-launch, journalist/motoring press car

The boot floor is not flat loading and does not include under floor storage.

Ive just checked two brand new ones in the showroom and they dont have them either

Thanks for checking, any ideas why, it can't be for HSD Battery ventilation reasons surely ? Of course if there is no valid reason, then it can no doubt be retrofitted although I would expect it standard, as least on the T Spirit. Are your showroom ones T Spirits?

It is not standard on any model

Is that all Hybrids or all of the Yaris range?

I did notice in that video that the car featured also had seat heaters and that elusive blue stitched front seat centre armrest. I believe it was shot at the Amsterdam launch.

It all of the Yaris range, the car in the video was a pre-launch press car, before the final UK spec was settled on

It all of the Yaris range, the car in the video was a pre-launch press car, before the final UK spec was settled on

Pages 441& 442 of the UK Owner's Manual shows it "if equipped" which is a bit strange. Is it available as an accessory, quite handy to have the small hidden compartment it provides plus it makes a shallower load lip ?

I'd been wondering about that too. I got a new TR and thought the deckboard was missing, I asked the salesman and he said maybe it was in a higher spec one, another said its in none of them as he'd sold a T Spirit the day before and it didn't have one. They said its available as an option, I'm not sure what price they said, maybe around £200? Whatever price it was it was too dear!

Mines not a hybrid

No deck board on my Yaris Hybrid T4 either.

I think they ommitted it on the Yaris from about late 2009/10 onwards.

Interesting, in Finland this is standard at least my Yaris Hybrid has it. When I bought MacBook Pro recently I hid the box under the deck when I parked for lunch. With the deck higer the floor level of the boot is flat. Deck is just like the one on the video. Strange it is not standard in UK.

By the way are the map updates free in UK? There is now map update for Touch & Go but it costs 119 euros! That is really too much for an update.

The deck board is fitted as standard in my Verso S which has the same floor plan as the new Yaris :)

I would suggest that the absence of board would be indicative of cost engineering on the part of toyota.

Interesting, in Finland this is standard at least my Yaris Hybrid has it. When I bought MacBook Pro recently I hid the box under the deck when I parked for lunch. With the deck higer the floor level of the boot is flat. Deck is just like the one on the video. Strange it is not standard in UK.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear. I was beginning to think it was omitted on the Hybrid for potential HV Battery ventilation issues but your's now proves that is not the case. Since it appears to be a UK omission, perhaps Toyota UK think we Yaris folk have nothing to hide :lol:

By the way are the map updates free in UK? There is now map update for Touch & Go but it costs 119 euros! That is really too much for an update.

I posted this on the main Yaris section since it was also applicable to me

"Not sure if you are aware but there is a Touch & Go map update available. Mine has the previous version but since the car is so new the dealer will provide the update FOC following liason with Toyota UK. Downloaded via the website's owner section it costs £109. Hope that helps."

The deck board is fitted as standard in my Verso S which has the same floor plan as the new Yaris :)

Am I correct in thinking the Verso S T Spirit has the tyre repair gunk and no spare wheel ? The Yaris spare wheel may be a potential reason for no deck board but then the video above shows the Hybrid with both spare wheel & deck board. Very strange, looks more & more like a TUK cost saving exercise.

Other peculiarities, in addition to the deck board, are that the T Spirit Verso S gets electric roof blinds but only manual air con whereas the T Spirit Yaris gets only manual roof blinds but dual zone climate control. Makes you wonder who actually makes these decisions. :rolleyes:

The Verso S T Spirit gets a can of gunk and a compressor but gains a full panoramic glass roof as standard. The electric blind works very well and is one touch operation

I do not like the potential vulnerability of the gunk repair so purchased a spare wheel and tyre which fits below the deck board. I also purchased a fastening bolt to hold the wheel in place....(The fastening nut for this is built into the T Spirit body)

It is a pity that TOYOTA has made the Panoramic roof an option on the Yaris T Spirit Hybrid and the roof blinds manual in an effort to keep the price down. (Although the Verso S is a more expensive car)

Auto aircon IMO is not really necessary as the manual aircon works well

The Verso S T Spirit gets a can of gunk and a compressor but gains a full panoramic glass roof as standard. The electric blind works very well and is one touch operation

I do not like the potential vulnerability of the gunk repair so purchased a spare wheel and tyre which fits below the deck board. I also purchased a fastening bolt to hold the wheel in place....(The fastening nut for this is built into the T Spirit body)

It is a pity that TOYOTA has made the Panoramic roof an option on the Yaris T Spirit Hybrid and the roof blinds manual in an effort to keep the price down. (Although the Verso S is a more expensive car)

Auto aircon IMO is not really necessary as the manual aircon works well

TUK did originally stipulate that the Yaris Hybrid T Spirit's optional pan.roof had the powered blind which of course was yet another spec.error. The climate control is nice to have but dual zone in a subcompact is a bit of a overkill IMO.

When we bought our Auris HSD, it came with a split boot well liner and a carpeted board cover, which makes the boot floor flat, but makes the boot very shallow. This drew all kinds of criticism and after about three or four months Toyota brought in a new "improved" single well boot liner (or boot maximiser). I suspect this is why the cover has been omitted. It's only a guess, but I haven't heard any criticism of the Yaris HSD boot being very small.

Dave.

When we bought our Auris HSD, it came with a split boot well liner and a carpeted board cover, which makes the boot floor flat, but makes the boot very shallow. This drew all kinds of criticism and after about three or four months Toyota brought in a new "improved" single well boot liner (or boot maximiser). I suspect this is why the cover has been omitted. It's only a guess, but I haven't heard any criticism of the Yaris HSD boot being very small.

Dave.

I'd say that sounds right. In my 2008 Yaris there was a deckboard and I had a family member tell me my boot was 'very small' and they had a 'big boot', in a 207. Splitting hairs. After all I could make the Yaris boot bigger if I wanted by sliding the seats forward and taking the deckboard out. So it seems these deckboards do draw criticism from some people, who think they need a 'big' boot for a few groceries :P

Dave.

I'd say that sounds right. In my 2008 Yaris there was a deckboard and I had a family member tell me my boot was 'very small' and they had a 'big boot', in a 207. Splitting hairs. After all I could make the Yaris boot bigger if I wanted by sliding the seats forward and taking the deckboard out. So it seems these deckboards do draw criticism from some people, who think they need a 'big' boot for a few groceries :P

The deck board does not really compromise boot space as there's the choice of two positions. Either flat laying on the luggage floor cover or raised to its upper position providing a useful small hidden compartment for storing items away from prying eyes. Another advantage in the raised position is for easier loading/unloading of any heavy items, providing a shallower load sill.

Ha ha forgot about having it flat because I always kept it in the higher position to get the hidden storage space. Suppose I was thinking of ones who look at the boot when the deck board is in its higher position

Mmmm... Boot space! Who would have thought! :D

Well, when you take into account the "bits and pieces" under the deck, the Auris' isn't that small at all.

There's two folded rugs, a foot pump, a warning triangle, a high visibility vest, some odd tools, cuddly toy (tee hee - only joking) and there's still room for bits of photographic equipment (like to keep that well out of sight).

That leaves above the deck clear for luggage or a decent sized family weekly shop. Not a small boot at all...

Dave.