Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Hybrid Deck Board Missing

BassaJay

Mmmm... Boot space! Who would have thought! :D

Well, when you take into account the "bits and pieces" under the deck, the Auris' isn't that small at all.

There's two folded rugs, a foot pump, a warning triangle, a high visibility vest, some odd tools, cuddly toy (tee hee - only joking) and there's still room for bits of photographic equipment (like to keep that well out of sight).

That leaves above the deck clear for luggage or a decent sized family weekly shop. Not a small boot at all...

Dave.

The Auris Hybrid with rear seats down, luggage capacity is listed as 702 litres whereas the Yaris Hybrid is shown as having 768 litres no doubt due to the under rear seat batteries not compromising space - ' the big little un'

I must admit, when I looked in the boot of a Yaris HSD, I did have a little "boot envy". The batteries being under the rear seats makes one heck of a difference to the boot space.

Dave.

I must admit, when I looked in the boot of a Yaris HSD, I did have a little "boot envy". The batteries being under the rear seats makes one heck of a difference to the boot space.

Dave.

Yeah, but at least you have a deck board :drool:

Considering that no UK Yaris gets this board, the UK Yaris brochure highlights it as standard fit with a picture of it on page 10 and text reading, quote "The large boot capacity benefits from full flat loading and useful underfloor storage space."

I rest my case - that's if I had the board to rest it on :dontgetit:

Toyota brochures often feature non existing features. Dual zone climate control on the Prius is one they have used twice so far :D

Toyota brochures often feature non existing features. Dual zone climate control on the Prius is one they have used twice so far :D

Seeing as they make an illustrated feature of the deck board pushing its advantages/ benefits in the brochure and devoting owner handbook space to its comprehensive operation only serves to owner frustration by its omission regardless of Yaris model grade. Although they are covered by get out clauses, there is no excuse for incompetence.

BTW, at least mine has dual zone climate - and it features in the brochure. :o

Have searched everywhere but cannot find the elusive listed matching blue stitched driver's centre arm rest - perhaps its lost under the deck board :lol:

Dave.

Considering that no UK Yaris gets this board, the UK Yaris brochure highlights it as standard fit with a picture of it on page 10 and text reading, quote "The large boot capacity benefits from full flat loading and useful underfloor storage space."

Don't get me started on Toyota brochure cr@p... The £1200 Sat Nav option (in the July 2010 brochure) that had USB and iPod connectivity and control, including compatibility with iPod video and DVD audio - well, what a load!!! The head unit was / is not compatible with USB, it plays iPod audio through bluetooth, but all control is through the iPod itself, no iPod video compatibility and no DVD audio... I blew my top when all that functionality was missing and ended up getting some compensation from the local dealership, but that wsn't the point, and six months on, Toyota still hadn't changed their brochures even though they were more than aware of the issues - they said it was covered by E&OE! C'est la vie! Dave.

Dave.

Don't get me started on Toyota brochure cr@p... The £1200 Sat Nav option (in the July 2010 brochure) that had USB and iPod connectivity and control, including compatibility with iPod video and DVD audio - well, what a load!!! The head unit was / is not compatible with USB, it plays iPod audio through bluetooth, but all control is through the iPod itself, no iPod video compatibility and no DVD audio... I blew my top when all that functionality was missing and ended up getting some compensation from the local dealership, but that wsn't the point, and six months on, Toyota still hadn't changed their brochures even though they were more than aware of the issues - they said it was covered by E&OE! C'est la vie! Dave.

On a £1200 added option I'd call that serious, no wonder you were furious . At least the deck board is only £40 - £50 - perhaps they should bring out a T Spirit PLUS and include it.

Don't forget that when you phone them you are greeted with " calls may be monitored for training purposes" - the' chocolate teapot' analogy springs to mind.

Yep, especially as it was one of those gradual discoveries accompanied by three phone calls to the dealership across a couple of hours or so, where they were all greeted by reassuring noises about the Sat Nav's capabilities from the sales staff. Talk about that sinking feeling... Anyway, it's history now - life's too short!

On the call centre thing, have you seen "Thanks For Your Time" by Gotye on YouTube? Well worth a look and a chuckle... Dave.

PS. I know I'm old enough to know better than to listen to music like this, but hey - gotta stay as young as possible for as long as possible :D

• 5 weeks later...

The deck board is definitely not standard for the UK. I have to order mine. It makes the load space flat when the back seats are lowered. It came when I took delivery of the car. They gave me the invoice and it was in the tens of £s but I forgot the exact figure. When I paid for the car they forgot to charge me for the deck board. I am keeping my mouth shut!! They've kept the invocie so I am sure they will realize their error soon enough.

The deck board is definitely not standard for the UK. I have to order mine. It makes the load space flat when the back seats are lowered. It came when I took delivery of the car. They gave me the invoice and it was in the tens of £s but I forgot the exact figure. When I paid for the car they forgot to charge me for the deck board. I am keeping my mouth shut!! They've kept the invocie so I am sure they will realize their error soon enough.

Damn. As expected the dealer rang me yesterday about the deck board. Went and paid for it today. It;s exactly £60.

I'm more concerned about the lack of a drivers left arm rest. Do you think one of these universal centre consoles would fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160836040298?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_7221wt_1186

I'm more concerned about the lack of a drivers left arm rest. Do you think one of these universal centre consoles would fit?

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_7221wt_1186

What's really annoying is the fact that the UK brochure even goes to the trouble of describing the T Spirit's driver armrest as having the matching blue stitching ! Perhaps our 'invisible' armrest only exists on LHD T Spirit equivalents - or more likely its omission is a cost cutting exercise ? Just wish they would be accurate with their published specifications, it is a cause of dissapointment to find anticipated items not included.

There's an OEM central console available (don't know if it's any good as an armrest though) part number 08471-52830. Price is on the ouch side though, dealer quoted me £143 inc fitting. Can be bought on the net for just over £100 and fitting seems straightforward if the instructions are to be believed.

There's an OEM central console available (don't know if it's any good as an armrest though) part number 08471-52830. Price is on the ouch side though, dealer quoted me £143 inc fitting. Can be bought on the net for just over £100 and fitting seems straightforward if the instructions are to be believed.

Thanks but I won't be paying for that. Even a £100 is over the top for what it is..

• 6 months later...

Bought a 2013 T spirit today and no deck board fitted, tried to get them to throw one in with the deal, but no go. The parts dept did give me the part number 58410 0D050 B0 and price of £89.56 inc vat

Does the 2013 T spirit arrive without the boot board as standard? Or did they sell the car to you at discounted rate due to it being incomplete? It all sounds a bit unusual to me.

Does the 2013 T spirit arrive without the boot board as standard? Or did they sell the car to you at discounted rate due to it being incomplete? It all sounds a bit unusual to me.

Don't think that the boot board is standard.........Maybe Parts-King could comment

The deck board was missing from my 1st gen. Auris HSD (with single compartment tray). After many prompts it turned up - it appears there is a game of robbing pre-pdi cars to satisfy motorists who notice the board is missing; given there is a "leakage" of the boards. Similar to the bottle-opener divider for VW cup-holders

The deck board was missing from my 1st gen. Auris HSD (with single compartment tray). After many prompts it turned up - it appears there is a game of robbing pre-pdi cars to satisfy motorists who notice the board is missing; given there is a "leakage" of the boards. Similar to the bottle-opener divider for VW cup-holders

They were not available on the first models delivered, they were available after a few months, you didnt get one on those early registered models

If you buy a used car and something has been taken off / removed / missing then you must point it out before you sign the paperwork. When you buy a used car, previous owners very often remove things like parcel shelves. The selling garage is under no obligation to make it back up to the original specification unless it has been promised to you.

Kingo :thumbsup:

What is the situation with ex-demo or showroom cars, are they second hand? I've seen showroom cars that have not been through pdi.

I was told by the dealer that the deck board is an extra, so I have had a look in all the new Yaris I can find in dealers and non of them have the deck board fitted, so I guess it must be the case........ Plywood, template,carpet, is it time to make a few and sell them a bit over cost? And then you think are they that expensive after all?

I do think this is a rip off though, having to buy a boot floor as an opt extra is very wrong, and I also feel the general quality of the New Yaris is not as good as our 2002 Yaris, it just seems as if the plastics are lower quality,and not as nicely put together, still a very nice car but....................... and the lack of decking board is so disappointing, it makes you wonder what else they have cut back on to make a bit more money, and is Toyota that much better than the rest anymore? :(

What is the situation with ex-demo or showroom cars, are they second hand? I've seen showroom cars that have not been through pdi.

Two things here

Ex Demo are used cars, as with any used car, it does not have to be sold with any particular spec, but cannot be advertised at one spec and sold as another, so always check what you are buying. If it is missing a deck board, ask if it can be supplied as part of the deal, no harm in asking but they dont have to provide one

Sowroom cars are usually brand new cars, they may not have had a PDI, the very nature of a PDI is a Pre DELIVERY Inspection, showroom cars could be in the showroom for some time prior to sale, but if brand new (unregistered) must be sold with the specific spec of that car. For instance if it is supposed to have a deck board then it must be sold with a deckboard

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks Kingo. I didn't mean to hijack the thread, I hadn't realised Camryman was still around.

Yep still about, still got the Avensis and now a Yaris but not a deck board......LOL