Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking Of Buying A Avensis T3-X D-4D

sub77

Hi All back in this forum after a long time as I am think of buying an Avensis T3-x D4d 2.0 . Can any one give some advice on it ? its diesel and done about 107000 miles. THe guys said he was goging to rplace the AC condenser if I was ot buys it.

I read somewhere that d-4d engines have problmes with head gaskets? is that a know issue in the car I am looking at? Is there any signs I should look out for for the head gasket issue? Appricate if anyone can give me a few pointers on things to watch out for.

thank you

I think you'll find the 2.2 has most problems associated with head gasket failure. However if that one has truely done one million and seven thousand i might steer clear lol

the Toyota extended warranty for the HG issue only covers up until 112K or 7 years.

As for signs - look for discoloured coolant and/or white spots around the expansion tank.

Tbh a well maintained one, even the 2.2 should provide decent service as long as [with any car] you stay on top of maintenance,

if its the 150bhp version then you should be ok, most of the reports [please correct me if I'm wrong] are related to the 180bhp version so something else to bear in mind

If you are really paranoid, then go for a slightly slower mileage example and make sure the service history is complete, and as explained above, if the need will ever arise wrt head gasket, then you should be covered by the extended warranty