Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 2.0D Mpg

turbobob

Hi,

I'm new to the forum :)

I am considering buying a new 2.0D T Spirit saloon. I realise the 2012 model has only been out for a short while. But one of my main criteria is MPG. I also know that published and actual can be quite different.

I have done a quick search on here, but using only 3 letters in the search box returns no results. So if any of you have the current 2.0D model, could you let me know what MPG you are getting please?

I have the 09 estate tourer 2.0 d4d and I achieve 55-60 mpg but that is with a piggyback tuning box, before I was only getting 50-55 mpg, I'm assuming yours will be 55+ due to there being less weight but I can't be sure

Hope it helps a bit, lol,

Phil

Thanks Phil. Hopefully the latest 2.0D will enable me to achieve 55mpg + (on a run at least).

It should do, if I could go back I wouldn't have bought the avensis mind, the piggyback box solved my issue of power at least but the mpg is still down of what it is claimed to be. Around town I get 45+ and 55+ on my commute, pretty good, have you considered the Mondeo

Yes. But its more expensive and not so well equipped. I was going to wait until March next year when the new shape Mondeo comes out. But thats been pushed by by 6 months, so I'd have to wait over a year. And the Mondeo 2.0tdci "official" figures aren't as good.

I see, some insignias are claiming 70 mpg extra urban and it's vauxhall so you get a good car, and if anything goes wrong parts are cheap as

Phil

I see, some insignias are claiming 70 mpg extra urban and it's vauxhall so you get a good car, and if anything goes wrong parts are cheap as Phil

And a `Lifetime` warranty

I currently have an Insignia 2.0cdti. MPG is nothing like the published figures. I've had a LOT of dealings with the dealer over mpg and I've tried another Insignia with allegedly the same engine and published mpg figures, but a different trim level. It was nonsense. RPM at 70mph was 1bout 1700 rpm compared to my near 2000rpm. And the other car returned about 20% better mpg than mine. Pretty odd considering same driver in a car with the same published mpg.

I currently have an Insignia 2.0cdti. MPG is nothing like the published figures. I've had a LOT of dealings with the dealer over mpg and I've tried another Insignia with allegedly the same engine and published mpg figures, but a different trim level. It was nonsense. RPM at 70mph was 1bout 1700 rpm compared to my near 2000rpm. And the other car returned about 20% better mpg than mine. Pretty odd considering same driver in a car with the same published mpg.

Interesting, which were the trim levels ?

I have the elite nav. And I borrowed an SRi. Different engine maps, different wheels and different gearboxes. I did my commute to and from work 4 times to compare to mine. I also drove to Basingstoke and back to compare motorway journeys. Both journey types returned 20-25% improvement over mine. But Vauxhall won't have it and have told me to do one.

Own a 2009 2.0d and used as a taxi . Getting 37-39 mpg . Pretty good seeing as much is stop start travelling .

My 2011 does 41MPG, thats over the last 25k/7mths. Way off the official figures. It will do a real 59MPG if i do 60MPH on the cruise on the motorway, but i dont.

The 2012 model we have at work does 43MPG by a driver who does similiar work to me, 80/20 Motorway/Urban use. Most of time in the outside lane going with the flow.

The fuel computer on these cars is the most accurate i have ever had and i have had 100's of cars.

All in all, not good enough in the real world, like most offical MPG's, they dont reflect normal usage.

To the OP, is the vehicle will be owned by you i would be more concerned about depreciation than MPG!

I haven't bought it yet. But I am negotiating with a dealer :)

What would be realistic to expect on a steady 70mph run ( and I mean 70 not a 70 wink wink). I would expect 55 to 60 given the official extra urban is 72.

Did you see the report on a blog about a couple of guys who took a t spirit Tourer, 2.0d from john o groats to lands end and they averaged 71.5. Fluke car or realistic?

Have you ever driven on the a30?? Not a chance they would have come close with them hills!!! Lol

Yeah I've driven the a30. They did the whole journey on one tank and stopped off at Toyota for a visit. I've no reason to disbelieve. Its just the circumstances behind the journey. How did they manage it? Lucky car? Cherry picked by Toyota? modified in some way to achieve that MPG?

If you hyper mile yourself and the car to death you probably could get those figures, but in reality who lives like that? Did they drive in the middle of the night and sleep in the day?! Air Con off, Tyres at 60 PSI etc etc

Simple answer to this is go on a test drive at 70MPH between the same motorway junctions reset the MPG on the computer and see what it displays. You never know it might just do 55-60...

Hi,

I've had a 2012 2.0D TR Tourer since Feb, and i've done 9000 miles so far - started out about 39mpg, now about 43mpg. Roughly a 50:50 split motorway:short trips. I think I have a heavy right foot (and i'm always in a hurry!) but I was getting about the same value with my previous 2006 2.0 D4D Tourer. Even on long steady motorway runs I've never got near the published figures, but I don't think what I get is unreasonable given the size of the car.

cheers

Nick

Right an update. I told the dealer my main criteria is fuel economy and what I don't want to do is spend a shed load of cash on a car and then be ****** off with the MPG. So i asked to borrow one. I have a 61 plate tr saloon 2.0d. I've just driven 120 miles on the motorway brim full to brim full. I was doing steady 70mph and had the AC on for the first half of the journey. Trip computer showed 60.6mpg. Actual 59.6mpg . Very happy with that. About 30% better than my 2.0cdti insignia. Just got to do back to back runs to and from work for my next comparison. But I've pretty much made my mind up.

At the end of the day I want this car for economy. I have a different car for fun or spirited driving ;)

hi, that seems decent, with mine, at a steady 70mph, I recon its around 60mpg and mine is the old 2.0D4D [2006], nice to see some improvement, but given the figures, I would have expected around 10% more improvement, but maybe thats due to driving styles

Although my trip is rather more optimistic and reports ~ 68mpg

oh and this is up and down the m1, ~180 miles each way with some parts at 50mph average speed

So i have just done back to back trips to and from work. In my insignia it would probably average 36 mpg. Now I realise doing it back to back means the engine is warm so i should get better results. In the avensis the trip computer showed 52 mpg. Actual was 54.1 mpg!!! That about a 50% improvement! If i could get even 25% overall improvement I would be very happy. Lets see what happens when i take it back to the dealer tomorrow and continue discussions :)

hope it all works out in your favour, seems positive for now

So i have just done back to back trips to and from work. In my insignia it would probably average 36 mpg. Now I realise doing it back to back means the engine is warm so i should get better results. In the avensis the trip computer showed 52 mpg. Actual was 54.1 mpg!!! That about a 50% improvement! If i could get even 25% overall improvement I would be very happy. Lets see what happens when i take it back to the dealer tomorrow and continue discussions :)

"In the avensis the trip computer showed 52 mpg. Actual was 54.1 mpg!!!"

Well I'm glad to hear someone else has actually proved and agrees that the computer on the Avensis is as near as matters Spot On!

I've done the brim to brim thing enough times to know my 2.2 d4d will return 55 - 60mpg on motorway and A roads at the legal limit and there are not many cars of this size that can truly do it as you rightly say with the Insignia.

Pete.

Dissapointing more people haven't contributed their mpg figures to this thread.

However I believe I will be putting down a deposit tomorrow on a new 2.0 d4d t-spirit :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links