Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 2.0D Mpg

turbobob

Having driven a company TR 2.0D (2011 model) from new in Jan this year @approx 3-4k monthly. Some info to share re the trip computer; average fuel has never been reset and is on 48.3, after refueling shows a range 545. When the navigation miles to destination is slightly more than the range; turning off equipment heater aircon etc sways the figures favourably. I haven't chanced going on past zero as I suspect it is fairly accurate, in that the fuel is about to run out.

Hi all,

2012 Tourer straight out of the box, has given me 50.7mpg for the last 500 of the 750 miles I've done so far. Mixed rural and town driving, with one 90 mile run on the m-ways, a/c on for most of the time. Very happy with that. Didn't even look at the official figures before I bought it. They are done under test conditions to enable comparison between makers, and would be difficult to achieve on the road. My mpg confuser ties up with a brim to brim test within 1mpg. Thats good compared with some I've owned. I expect the mpg to improve as the engine frees up. Overall, very pleased.

Bob

I've just done 3,300 miles in Europe on hols and my Enterprise hire car (which has gone back now, more on that later) averaged 39MPG. Now some of that was 120MPH on the Autobahn but most in the 75-80 MPH area in the various countries with some slowing down in the rain (If you drive abroad you will know what i mean) and Urban/Dual Carriageway work.

All in all really poor i'm afraid.

This is the 2011 i have or had...

I have a 2 litre diesel Avensis Tourer, March 2009 as a company car.

It has done 146,000 miles, I have noted every drop of fuel I have put in it and the average is 55.9 mpg.

I drive on mainly motorways and A roads, I cruise at 70 mph on motorways. indicated on the speedo, actually 65 mpy by the sat nav.

Better fuel economy can be achieved by cruising at 60 mph indicated but that is verg boring driving.

I reset my trip computer 22,000 miles ago and it has averaged 50.3mpg since then (also 2.0D).

My usage is 75% motorway (M25, so fairly clear in the morning and more stop-start in the evening) and the rest is mixed (although very little actually in-town).

At the time of purchase, I think the official combined mpg was 53.3 and the new ones are, I believe, 62.8, so I would expect *very* close to 60mpg, if I were doing my same journey mix in the new model.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 2.0D4D on an 09 from new to 3 years old and it drank diesel. I got rid at 90000 miles and I struggled to get it to achieve 40mpg. Now before you say heavy footed my Mrs also struggled to achieve 40 and she gets nearly 60 in her focus. I now have a 12 plate A4 TDIE 2.0 and I am achieving 46.5 easily.

Good evening all,

I too have a 2.0d4d avensis 2007 hatch, just been on holiday to the costa brava in it, and computer was recording 50-53mpg, doing approx 75-80 most of the way there and back, very pleased.

I filled up right to the brim at Carrefour supermarket in calais yesterday afternoon just before getting on the ferry,..1.357 euro/litre=£1-10p/litre.

Just for comparison, my 2010 1.8 estate petrol does 6.73 liter/100 km, which is 42 mpg, calculated over ~36000 Km.

The board computer says 6.6 l/100 km.

I call that accurate.

For the size and weight of the car, that's not bad.

An update from me. I have decided to buy a brand new Avensis 2.0D T-Spirit and so far I am really happy with the mpg. I've had the car 1 month now and normal knocking around I'm getting 45 mpg (as opposed to 35mpg in my Insignia) and on a motorway doing steady 70-75 it returned high 50s (57 - 58mpg) which I'm really pleased with. The car is brand new, so hopefully as the mileage goes up and the engine parts bed in, the mpg will improve. Oh and I did a 107 mile trip over the weekend on the motorway. I did about 1/3 of the journey at 65-70 and the other 2/3 at 60. The trip computer showed 72mpg :)

To add to the mpg figures though with a 2.2 D-4D (2007 T150). Just returned from a run from Birmingham to Oxford and managed 70.2 mpg, which I'm really happy with, especially on a 2.2.

I did have it on cruise control the whole way, which I think made a difference as it's not as heavy as my foot.