Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 15 Hybrid Wheels On A Gen 3 Prius?

Bodgerx

Thinking about buying a used Prius T-Spirit with the Solar roof. Unfortunately, this means the 15" wheels. I was thinking about keeping them for winter tyres and then buying a set of the 15" Auris Hybrid wheels for the summer.

(Pictured here: http://www.autotrade...g?logcode=ucnnp)

Any ideas if they would fit? The bolt pattern must be the same as they seem to fit the same 17" wheels to both the Prius and Auris...

The bolt pattern will be the same. You would need to check the offset.

Why not just go with some 17" wheels? Toyota didn't offer this option because the weight meant that the vehicle would have to go through the full approval process because it was too different from base model. Doesn't stop anybody fitting them afterwards.

The bolt pattern will be the same. You would need to check the offset.

Why not just go with some 17" wheels? Toyota didn't offer this option because the weight meant that the vehicle would have to go through the full approval process because it was too different from base model. Doesn't stop anybody fitting them afterwards.

Is the offset the distance between the hub and the outside of the wheel?

Reason for sticking with 15's is to keep the MPG's up and the tyre costs down - there is quite a bit of price difference between 15's and 17's on tyres - that's important if I'm buying winters as well.

The offset is the distance from the middle of the rim to the mounting surface. If different then the wheel could stick out or be recessed in and potentially affect the handling.

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering whether the solar sun roof on the has much roof opening Bodger???

Or is it just a tilt mechanism......I am thinking of swapping my Golf Estate with a panoramic opening roof for a Prius, but I want a reasonable roof opening.....

Toy dealers dont seem to know, as they sell so few solar roofs

...But surely the 15" rims will give ypou a far better ride than the 17" rims.....most reviews comment on the poor ride on the big wheels

cheers barrycoll

I had a gen III with a sun roof before I changed it for a plug-in. It's a tilt and slide. It's a fairly standard size - about the same size as used to be on cars before air-con.

Really? I thought larger rims generally give a worse (As in harsher) ride?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links