Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Photos From The First So Cal Scion Iq Owners Meet And Greet

surfcitylocal

Seven iQ's were able to attend the First So Cal Scion iQ Owners Meet and Greet in Long Beach, CA today. We were expecting twelve cars but some people couldn't make it.

We met on the top floor of the parking structure connected to the building my wife is the property manager at. We were able to have the place to ourselves for some picture taking and chatting.

The weather was hot but the ocean breeze helped to cool us off a little.

Here are some pictures of the event.

The iQ's...

DSCN1634.jpg

DSCN1635.jpg

DSCN1636.jpg

DSCN1637.jpg

DSCN1638.jpg

DSCN1639.jpg

DSCN1640.jpg

The owners...

DSCN1673.jpg

DSCN1675.jpg

DSCN1677.jpg

DSCN1680.jpg

DSCN1682.jpg

DSCN1683.jpg

Lined up...

DSCN1662.jpg

DSCN1664.jpg

DSCN1667.jpg

DSCN1669.jpg

Greg ordered the kid in the trunk option for his iQ...

DSCN1643.jpg

Al has the Lexus iQ...

DSCN1649.jpg

DSCN1650.jpg

Mark's cool center exhaust...

DSCN1644.jpg

DSCN1645.jpg

Joe messing around...

DSCN1656.jpg

DSCN1658.jpg

Having some fun on the driveway...

IMG_4250.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

A few of us headed to Hooters after the meet for some lunch...

DSCN1694.jpg

DSCN1696.jpg

DSCN1697.jpg

Thank you to my wife for letting us use the parking structure, to Scion for the hats and tee shirts, to Rodney and Bill for helping me set up and to all the Scion iQ owners who made it out today.

Watch for another iQ event coming up soon.

I will also be posting a few videos of the day.

A Lexus iQ... I would love to do up mine to make it prestigious on the inside and show it off on the out!

i like the exhaust on the 6XAG246 car and I really like the Red one

David

Taz yours is number one and the Burnt Orange is the next best. Nice collection though :)

Love the silver one and the wheels on it, looks kind of like mine but I need the expensive wheels. :)

Don't like the Lexus badges though, no need but each to their own I guess.

Craig.

I know that they are your sponsors but I do think that the decals in your windscreen spoil your car.

Are they removable for normal use? I suspect that it would be illegal to drive a car in the UK with that amount of windscreen obscured.

Also like the red one :)

I know that they are your sponsors but I do think that the decals in your windscreen spoil your car.

Are they removable for normal use? I suspect that it would be illegal to drive a car in the UK with that amount of windscreen obscured.

Also like the red one :)

Yes, they are blocking the visibility a bit. Lucky for me the iQ is not my daily driver. I take it out for car shows and meets and to work once in a while. They are required to be there for shows, meets and photo events to satisfy the sponsor agreements.

All of our motors are 1.3 liter. Scion only offered the CVT transmission so a turbo is out of the question for us in the States. Several companies have considered the idea but have decided against it. Our only option for the engine is a supercharger. At this point the cost of the kit and importing would not justify any improvement in horsepower. That may change if a US company decides to make one.

Nice selection of iQ's and congrats on a successful '1st' meet. I like the Orange iQ too, but the matt black version is cool. Let's face it, anyone who buys an iQ has brains a plenty, cos everyone who drives an iQ knows it makes sense to own one of these charming little motors. So Taz, how does it work with the stickers in the window? Do you have to remove them to drive it legally, or is it okay, like if you got pulled over and you said, 'I'm going to a show officer, honest!' I know you don't use it as a daily driver -seen the comment above- but as Scott says, over here they would not be very happy. Do they actually 'stick' on the screen, or are they kind of laid on (and secured) to the outside of the screen? Curious, just curious.

Nice selection of iQ's and congrats on a successful '1st' meet. I like the Orange iQ too, but the matt black version is cool. Let's face it, anyone who buys an iQ has brains a plenty, cos everyone who drives an iQ knows it makes sense to own one of these charming little motors. So Taz, how does it work with the stickers in the window? Do you have to remove them to drive it legally, or is it okay, like if you got pulled over and you said, 'I'm going to a show officer, honest!' I know you don't use it as a daily driver -seen the comment above- but as Scott says, over here they would not be very happy. Do they actually 'stick' on the screen, or are they kind of laid on (and secured) to the outside of the screen? Curious, just curious.

They are actually vinyl stickers and have to be peeled off when I'm done with them. I've had them on the front window, rear window, side of the doors, bumpers...you get the idea. Around here the police don't really mess with us for running roll calls. They will only hassle you if you have them and are racing around. Not much racing around happening in the iQ. =)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links