Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Auris- What Do We Know?

Nicolai

Considering the new Auris but how much do we actually know about it apart from the leaked scans and spy shots?

I'm looking for the Wagon as it is to be a family car. I drive few miles and want good mpg. Will be available as Hybrid/Wagon? Will it have 1.5 or 1.8 comb. engine in combination with Hybrid? Will there be an automatic/multidrive s vers. of the diesel. What do you think the price will be?

I think you are being a bit hopeful at this stage, price, spec etc will not be available until much nearer the time. There will be a Hybrid in every model by 2020 so expect to see various versions along the way

Kingo :thumbsup:

I thought Toyota officially rejected that vision? No hybrid Avensis for example as it will be to close to the Prius?

Just guessing, that's all: from what I know, the new Auris will have the 1.6 diuesel by BMW and on the Japanese scans you can see "1.5" as well. I just assumed that would perhaps be the 1.5 drivetrain from the hybrid Yaris.

I thought Toyota officially rejected that vision? No hybrid Avensis for example as it will be to close to the Prius?

You can never say never, the vision of Toyota long term is to have a Hybrid in every model, it may not happen, but 2020 is a long way off, Avensis may be replaced by something else, and that model MAY have a Hybrid. Yes Toyota are going to use a BMW range of diesel engines, but don't look too closely at the Japanese market, we don't get everything they produce, so a 1.5 version may never get to Europe. A lot of what they bring to Europe will largely depend on the European market, the market is very supressed at the moment, and that will affect the future model lineup

Its a hybrid in every segment rather than every model I think.

In which case the Prius already fulfils that for the d-segment aim.

So far:

A seg doesn't have anything yet

B seg has yaris

C seg has Auris

D seg has Prius

E seg has Camry

You've then got niche models and Lexus on top of those

Woo! Enlarged Hybrid Aygo is the new Yaris! (The new Yaris is the new Auris :lol:)

Its a hybrid in every segment rather than every model I think.

In which case the Prius already fulfils that for the d-segment aim.

So far:

A seg doesn't have anything yet

B seg has yaris

C seg has Auris

D seg has Prius

E seg has Camry

You've then got niche models and Lexus on top of those

No it's a Hybrid in every model by 2020 ;)

But just like their mantra on making cars with Zero emmissions, it may take a while for that to happen, and the way the world markets are, the timeline may get extended

Couldn't find any corporate message that said that ( or segment based either) to confirm or deny. Got any links to show that?

various reports have announced that the new auris will carry over revised versions of the current 1.33 VVT-i and 1.6 valvematic petrol engines, as well as the 1.8l hybrid. google auris and select news to read these various articles. toyota.jp is worth a visit to get some specs. over there it comes with multi-link rear suspension so heres hoping we get it. the interior features a lot of hard plastic still so that should guarantee bad reviews with auto express/ WHAT VW?/AUTOGERMAN magazines

Couldn't find any corporate message that said that ( or segment based either) to confirm or deny. Got any links to show that?

It was announced at a conference I attended a few years back so no, I don't have any links, it was about the time the gen3 Prius was launched, of course the world has gone through a massive change since then, so who knows what will be the norm by 2020

Toyota have confirmed the following engines 1.4 and 2.0 diesel, 1.33 and 1.6 petrol and one hybrid powered version - details of this haven't been released yet.

Only the 1.4 diesel will be available in the UK. The 2.0 D4D Auris will be made at Burnaston but only in LHD.

Only the 1.4 diesel will be available in the UK. The 2.0 D4D Auris will be made at Burnaston but only in LHD.

Very disappointing if thats the case. The 1.4 wouldn't cut it for me.

Very disappointing if thats the case. The 1.4 wouldn't cut it for me.

Nor me, but I would consider a 1.6 petrol instead. But it would never be new anyway, as you lose far too much money & I don't have £16-20k to spend !

To quote Toyota...

In March 2012, the BMW Group and TMC signed a binding agreement on collaborative research in the field of next-generation lithium-ion battery cells. In addition, the BMW Group and Toyota Motor Europe entered into a contract in December last year, under which the BMW Group will supply highly efficient 1.6 litre and 2.0 litre diesel engines to Toyota Motor Europe starting in 2014.

As you can see, you'll have to wait for a more powerful diesel :thumbsup:

Most current 1.6 diesels aren't much better (At least on paper) than the 1.4 D4D and ave much lower rev ceilings. Also, BMW's track record with turbo failure worries me...

Anyone got any specs on the beamer diesel engines out of curiosity? Torque curves, compression ratio, turbo type etc.?

It was announced at a conference I attended a few years back so no, I don't have any links, it was about the time the gen3 Prius was launched, of course the world has gone through a massive change since then, so who knows what will be the norm by 2020

I remember the same announcement but I remember it as each segment rather than model hence why I was looking for something in the way of official announcements to prove/disprove it

Most current 1.6 diesels aren't much better (At least on paper) than the 1.4 D4D and ave much lower rev ceilings. Also, BMW's track record with turbo failure worries me...

Anyone got any specs on the beamer diesel engines out of curiosity? Torque curves, compression ratio, turbo type etc.?

They're PSA groups engines. BMW will make "new" engines for Toyota ;)