Do Not Sell My Personal Information

40K Service

broxibear

Hi going to get a 40K service done on my 2006 corolla and was wondering besides the oil and filter what else should i change? (should i do gearbox oil?) Filters? Any advice appreciated.

Hi,

If you have one, your Toyota Service booket lists all thats needed, though you are much better getting a Haynes manual which details everything with text and 'how to' pictures that the 40k service needs, which is a fair bit more than oi and a filter - if done properly

Plugs, gear oil, air filter ?, pollen filter ? brake fuild, drive belt ? key batteries , brake pads, discs and sliders checks etc etc

Hi,

If you have one, your Toyota Service booket lists all thats needed, though you are much better getting a Haynes manual which details everything with text and 'how to' pictures that the 40k service needs, which is a fair bit more than oi and a filter - if done properly

Plugs, gear oil, air filter ?, pollen filter ? brake fuild, drive belt ? key batteries , brake pads, discs and sliders checks etc etc

Thanks for your reply i am pretty sure the plugs were done at last service by Toyota garage and i do not think any of those items need replacing at this service but that is why i was asking as not 100% sure and yes off course will be checking brakes and such like. I have checked service schedule and can not make up my mind if gearbox oil needs done or not as written quite ambiguously and not sure even if it says it does if it is absolutely necessary. again any advice welcomed.

Hi,

Both the Toyota service boolket and the Haynes manual agree that the gearbox oil should be changed at 40k or 4 years whichever comes first, the same with the Plugs if they are the standard type ( not plat or iridium)

You need 2 ltrs of gear oil, lots of various comments about which type and frequency in the forum.

I used Comma SX 75w/90 GL4 Semi without any problems on my 40k service.

Same with the engine oil, toyota say 5w/30 but many folk use 10W/40 , your choice ... I still use 5w/30 Semi

Don't miss the slider pins on all the calipers, they have a habit of the bottom ones seizing with a bit of muck / corrosion, cleanable if sorted early, use a rubber safe grease.

Whenever I service my corolla I tend just to look at what needs replacing - Both engine and gearbox oils get replaced every time the engine has work done or halfway between each standard service interval. The oil filter is replaced along with the oil every time as this is peanuts to replace.

I'll do spark plugs every 10k - I'm just really fussy.

I'd follow the Haynes service intervals as they'll sort you out for keeping services financially viable :lol:

KP

Great info from this thread. going to get a haynes manual but dont need one when everyone already said what to do lol cheers