Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 Rav4 Engine Rattling Noise

johnchar

Hi all

just took my 2003 1.8 mnual petrol rav4 for a service and MOT, on colletng the MOT had an advisory on rattlig noise from engine. I asked the garage who said it could be timing chain ( qouted a cost of £300 to investigate ) anyone ant ideas on the noise ?

thans jc

John

Can you be more specific?

Where does this rattle come from?

hi matey

you ask for help - that is why your explanations must be as detailed as possible.

What about video with charactered noise?

regards / Igor

the tinny rattling noise is coming from the drivers side of the engine adjacent to the water pump belt i have no oil loss though it was on min when it went for its service. the noise seems to go less with increase in revs

J C

the tinny rattling noise is coming from the drivers side of the engine adjacent to the water pump belt i have no oil loss though it was on min when it went for its service. the noise seems to go less with increase in revs

J C

Have you investigated the possibility the exhaust heat shield is flapping about causing said noise? Seems strange it wasn't apparent until after a visit to the doctor....?

Kev the Guess.

After checking the exhaust, take off the serpentine belt and see if it goes. If not you may have to do some stripping.

The VVTi's are usually very good.