Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

enufced904

Maybe it's just me, but where I live there seems to be more younger guys

getting into the whole scene than older. I'm 17 (18 on Saturday) and I'm just

now becoming interested into my car. There's a lot of spoiled kids around

here getting there mommy's and daddy's to mod their car and I think its

bulls**t. How old is everyone else out there?

well Im 27, and what surprises me (more with the max muppet brigade) is the money that is being spent on these saxos/novas, and i do wonder if they tell the insure company, cos Im paying through the nose for having a couple of mods on my car...

im with you on that one mate im 35 and still paying an absolute fortune and mines completly stock apart from a small rebore

The thing you gotta remember is that these pickies that are driving round in their Nova's and XR2’s with bolt on exhausts and go fast stripes are the suckers. No matter how much you do up that sort of car it still looks like sh*t. Anyway, if they do mod their cars without informing the insurance co's then if they crash or get their cars stolen… they're absolutely f**ked, hahahaha!

Dave.

:yes:

Took me over 10 years of driving, a LOT of no claims, my license is clean btw

... before I could afford (kind of :wacko: ) the insurance for the amount of mods I have/will apply on this sort of car (Celica Gen 6) ... I am 28

Up until now, I have always driven a saloon size car of any make with a 2.0i engine and no less. Had lots of £150 'bangers', an odd 2-3k one too, but none with a single spot of rust, muck, problem when Ive got my mits on em. People who truly love thier cars also have the BRAINS to keep them nice, be sensible, and have sense to see it WILL pay off.

Suppose those 'spoilt brats' as you put it can typically not appreciate the above. If you dont work for it, you tend not to appreciate it as with all things. Don't worry about it, they will come unstuck.

im 26, and ive been their seen it and done it with the bangers,

nova, golf, astra gte,

i spend a hell of a lot of money on the older cars doing them up.

had the celica nearly 4 years now, and however good it has been i must admit every christmas it has cost me a grand to get the mot.

i agree that saxos and corsa that are modded, ok some look quite smart, but theirs no point as as soon as someone opens the throttle these little cars are a spec in the rear mirror.

People who truly love thier cars also have the BRAINS to keep them nice, be sensible, and have sense to see it WILL pay off.

Yeah, I'll agree with you there.... even had an incident on Sunday that proves the point...

Driving down the bypass, saw (in one of the laybys) couple of police cars, and a couple of 'muppet' cars... Seemed like the police were pulling all the modded cars going past (at a guess, either the tinted window test, or 7-day wonders for the mods)...

Regarding i have a drainpipe sized zorst, which aint exactly subtle, I half expected to be pulled in (but i did lift off the throttle as much as possible to reduce the noise)...

Sailed past them without a second glance from the copper pulling cars in..

I just wonder where all the money comes from for these muppets cars? I've seen corsas driven by 17/18 year olds with bodykits that must cost 500-1000!!!

yeah gotta hate the insurance guys aye. I'm 22 and I was forking out over $1600NZ a year for a "as it left the factory" ZR celica, auto no less. (full cover, god bless finance) Now that I OWN my turbo it's only $340NZ a year on third party fire and theft. Only two companies would touch me tho, one day the ones that are only interested in 70 year olds with a car that covers 300km per year are goin to realise that the 21 year olds that they turned down have grown up have a house, two cars and a boat and a nice fat no claims bonus with an insurance company that had balls to insure them despite society writing them off as a unsafe risk.

I'm 23 with an ST205 import, fully comp is just over £900, I'm quite happy paying that for the performance I get. There are alot of cars with alot less power that sting you for more than the ST205

I'm 16, but unlike other jerks in my area, i know that in order to get something, you actually have to work for it, or you dont appreciate it. some of the local kids, have these Z71 chevy trucks that mommy and daddy payed for, just erks me when they want you to help them in a sticky situation.

20! and not 30+ as some ppl like to believe!

my car is £700 fully comp with every mod declaired! not bad really is spose but then its a bonus that the YTS is group7

i must be a old cogder then im 38 and going grey, i pay £260 fully comp ,protected for yaris t-sport :!Removed!:

25 years old and its £630 fully comp on a GT, would have even less if some little ****** in a corsa GSI hadn't smacked into me causing £2500's worth of damage and then ****** off before details were exchanged.

33 new to site wanting advice chaps

kids with novas etc are fun to smile at, especially at the lights.

I want to mod the body of the best fast car i ever owned. gen 5 celica

£280 3pt,f,th :o) more than happy at that for a beast of a car

Asha great looking car :yes:

23, had my 95 celica since 98. Out of school and now have a job where I can finally start modding away. So far got tint,stereo/subs(2-8s,2-12s,jl audio),VIPER alarm w/ window up/down option,momo petals,shifter,shift boot,K+N air intake system,new 18 inch Axis rims wrapped in yokohama Prada tires. I bust my ***** for what I have and understand what you mean about kids whose parents spoil the **** out of them. But like it was stated before they are incapable of appriciating it and usually come to and end by wrecking their car being a dousche bag!!!

I'm 16 and own an 87 Celica GT Liftback and I am very proud of it. The only mod done to it is it has Pacer 195/50/15 Polished Aluminum tri-spoke rims. The car was given to me, but don't think I'm a spoiled brat, it didn't run. I forked out a lot of money just to get it roadworthy. All of the work was done myself. I had to replace the passenger quarter-window; replace the timing belt, tensioner, and idler pulley; replaced the alternator; replaced the starter; the windshield needs to be replaced. The power door locks don't work and the passenger window won't roll down. The AC and heat work when they want to. This car was free so I'm willing to put a good bit of money into it as a project car because I love the way this particular model looks. I am looking to rebuild the 3SFE that's in it as it has 188,500 miles on it. I hope to save up enough to try and cram a 3SGTE under the hood. I love the 3SFE but at 120HP it doesn't have enough "umph" for my teenage blood :lol:. I am currently looking for a wrecked 87 GT Liftback that someone has wrecked or it doesn't run or whatever because I would love to buy it and scrap parts off of it.

i'm 21 payin alot of buck 4 the insurance, but if you like something pay 4 it and look after it, i worked had 4 my st185, saxo and corsa drivers i don't bother with-i'll beat them on foot depending on what trainers i'm wearing.

32 with achy knees

who had a celica at 17!? enufced!?

if you have is it your first car? i'm 17 and would like a ST 1.8 but my dad reckons you "sit too low" to be able to learn in it!??? is this right!???!

i have my whole life savings over 17 years :D;) to pay for it!!!!

Im 29 and payin 600 quid a year fully comp on my 140 3 years no claims nearly 4 again all mods declared through Dorset Insurance Group but restricted from putting a Supercharger on as its classed as overkill :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links