Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dual Fuel

les spragg

hi all

i am a new used rav4.2 owner and have been concerned with petrol consumpsion(26.6) so have converted to gas-dual fuel

if all goes well i should pay for it in 12 months

if not it will be a lesson learnt

any thoughts

les spragg

hi all

i am a new used rav4.2 owner and have been concerned with petrol consumpsion(26.6) so have converted to gas-dual fuel

if all goes well i should pay for it in 12 months

if not it will be a lesson learnt

any thoughts

les spragg

From what I've heard most people get around the same mpg on LPG as they did on petrol. BUT the price per litre is around half. Therefore in theory you should halve your fuel bill. How quick that pays for itself depends on how much you spent on fuel before!!

Dave

Well if you've done the sums there's not a lot to say. I wouldn't consider switching cos I'm sub 10,000 miles per annum - I guess you must be doing very high mileage to justify the outlay? Also fingers crossed the gorvernement don't increase LRG prices like they did with diesel when it started getting popular!

I believe that if using LPG on the VVTi engine, you need to provide some additives due to the valve design/material.

Can't remember the exact detail, but I looked into this in some detail after I bought my RAV4.2 in 2007 and concluded that the outlay and the potential impact on the Toyota warranty would not be outweighed by the fuel savings for my approx 10,000 miles per annum.