Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis D-4D (No Power)

Ciaran D-4D

Hi,

I have a 2002 2.0L Avensis D-4D there is just no power from it. I have had it serviced and still no difference, it is just very slow

Any Suggestions ?

It's not a notoriously powerful car though, more of a family commuter car, the only way to get power is to add a piggy back tuning box I'd say mate, I have one on my estate and it makes a good bit of difference, worth the money I'd say,

Phil

Thanks for the advice

A mate of mine has a 2001 D-4D they are both a standard 110bhp and just drive totally different

if going up a hill i would need to drop down a gear and there just seems like theres no lift.

im using more diesel as i have to give it high revs to get the lift and as i take of it just dies.

i got a quote of £450+ to get it remapped it would take it from 110hp to 132hp i would just like to know if there was a easy fix ?

Apart from the usual cleanups (egr, fuel system) etc the only option is a tuning box or remap, but when I asked on here about remap apparently nobody has cracked the denso ecu yet so that wasn't an option?? That's why I opted for the tuning box which you can adjust for increased performance rather than what they suggest, have you had the car a while like?? Could you not invest in a powerful car rather than a remap??

Hi,

I have a 2002 2.0L Avensis D-4D there is just no power from it. I have had it serviced and still no difference, it is just very slow

Any Suggestions ?

hello

what exactly has been done during service? Do you have a list of works?

Be very precise when stated an outcome.

regards / Igor

timeing belt three filters and an oil change

i was thinking maybe its the egr valve since i have had the car it hasn't been cleaned

millage covered?

but it looks like you should start from EGR. there were many posts re the same outcome -- just have them found

ragards / Igor

fuel filter? ...don't know if that's one of the 3 filters changed at service time

piggy back systems for tuning seem the way to go,

whats the service history like?

clean EGR and revert after have test driven

cheers / Igor

If it hasn't been cleaned in 132,000 miles I dread to think what it looks like!!! Haha