Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Bought 07 Auris Tr, Need Some Tips On Mod

Kocopopz

Just open your hatch and open the cover shown in the picture:

ceaed0d59574.jpg

Remove the grey plastic bulb holder and disconnect the connectors:

6d4523d2e78e.jpg

Then just open up the holders. One of them can be seen in the bottom left corner of the previous pic. Another one is somewhere deeper, but I'm sure you'll find it.

When you're done just squeeze the blue clips and pull/push the lamp out. One of the blue clips can be seen in the bottom right corner of the previous pic. Another one is deeper and quite hard to reach, squeeze and pull the lamp at the same time. I suggest getting another pair of hands to help.

Here's a foggy bulb change guide:

There is plastic cover which can be partially removed to reach the foggy bulb. Find one plastic clip (marked with yellow) and two screws (marked with red). Undo them.

52701685.jpg

Now the plastic cover is partially removed. You can pull it behind one of the screws so that it wouldn't be on your way.21995502.jpg

It will pop out quite easily though so basically you'll have to be using one hand to keep it out of your way and work with only one hand and without seeing the bulb. But it is possible and quite easy actually. I suggest giving it a try! I've done the thing several times and I know at least one person who has done it aswell.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed_Chaser

• Kocopopz

• tavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Speed_Chaser!

I did it today! the bulb just just fitted! looks good in the day, just waiting for the dark and see what it looks like,

can i just confirm that i need h11 for the dip beams?

and hb3 for my main beams?

Thanks!

Hi Koco!

Yeap, H11 for lows and HB3 aka 9005 for highs :)

No canbus bulbs needed for the Auris as it's not equipped with such warning system.

Thanks! Speed chaser for the footwell lights guide! Just managed to fit it today(been busy).

Mine low beam - 8000k HID

High beam - Philips bluevision ( thinking of changing it if anyone knows of a better one).

All LEDS on parking light, plate number light, dome light, vanity light, sunvisor light, tail lights and DRL.

Silvatec lights in front for indicator lights to remove fried egg effect on headlight.

hey Auris 2012,

Im going for the 6000k HID for low beams,

is the Philips bluevision colour temp is 6000k or 8000k

Thanks

MTEC makes wonderful bulbs, especially Cosmos Blue model is very blue and suits 6000K HID very well. On the other hand, the bulb's glass isn't too blue which removes the blue effect from the lens.

Philips and others are nowhere near in blueness.

i thought the cosmos blue would suit the 8000k more than the 6000k HID, as the 8000K has a blue tint ?

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/categories/mtec-bulbs/mtec-halogen-bulbs

Would these be the ones?

My friend also just picked up PIAA Chrome Mirror White bulb for his car, £80 !! so gonna see what that looks like too.

for £80 i would rather get a KIT than just get 2 bulbs.

8000 is actually really blue, 6000 has blue tint and 5000 is totally white.

Cosmos blue looks most similiar to HIDs, others are noticeably halogenish.

img2595k.jpg

4300K_vs_6000K_hid.jpg

Oohhh. Like that cosmos blue. Will compliment 8000k a lot!

Thanks

mmm its also look well with the 6000k

Think im gonna order some right now,

I shall upload some photos, once i figure how :)

• 3 months later...

Hi, i was thinking putting 5mm white led under the door handles like the BMWs have them, and wanted them to turn on when the doors are unlocked just like the interior dome light, i dont want to wire the LEDS to the dome light as its going to be effort getting the wiring through the roof cover. wanted to know how you would wire it? is the diagram ok?

the little green box is the one under the glove box which speed_chaser put a picture up on post #21 last image, from there send a positive wire to a 5amp fuse then to straight to the LEDs and so on?

post-126181-0-01294900-1356733533_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 27901591,

Did you manage to do it? I always like that feature on the BMW, if you did it to your auris please share!!!!

i've not had the time mate, will definitely put some pics up when im doing it and when i've finished.

Speed_Chaser

On the previous couple of page, you uploaded the footwell light instructions, i did manage to locate the fuse box, and know where the wire needs to be connected..

But this is the probs.. how do i get the actual wire to get stuck into the fuse box via some adapter?

all i seem to do is just push the cable in but it comes loose if there is a sudden/harsh movement

If you can advise, it be great! :D

Well mate, you've got many options. You can use thicker wires so that they will stay there. Then secure them with electrical tape by wrapping it around the new and original wires.

You can also solder the new wires to the old ones, but you will need to remove some of the insulation cover and there is a risk the actual wires will get damaged. Your third option would be using scotch locks.

Good luck!

ok people got a bit of a problem, if you look on the blue picure labelled 1,2,3 are the options of putting the BMW alike LEDs, i can put them in number 1 except from the driver side as this has the key mechnism so thats going to look odd.

Number 3 has plenty of space behind it, as seen in one of the pictures but its too far away from the edge of the door, thats a no no!!

Number 2 is ideal, its got limited space behind it (the two little square holes next to my thunb) but i can get a 5mm led in there without the plastic brezels which hold the leds, therefore only option is to hold the leds in place with a tight 4mm hole or use hot glue gun behind the hole?

post-126181-0-89424200-1358367731_thumb.

post-126181-0-34355900-1358367760_thumb.

post-126181-0-89665500-1358367773_thumb.

post-126181-0-88739700-1358367791_thumb.

Connect them to your interior lights and have em come on when u open the doors. Don't need em on when ya driving

P34RC3 they will be connected so they come on when the doors are unlocked and when opened, I'm asking where to place the actual led

Are you aware of the Auris door handles with built-in LEDs?

lol im not trying to put led in the foot well, speed_chaser please tell me moreeee

Just a set of chromed door handles with built-in LEDs. I think they are supposed to be blue constantly and blink yellow when you put turn signal on. But by connecting them in a different way there are other combinations aswell. You can make them light up blue or yellow when you open the doors etc.

door-handle-led-light-turn-signal-mazda-3-5-6-cx-7-2042.jpg

No mate, those are for you. 100% exclusive ;) Just found them on the Internet, not going to order myself... I will have to do some lightning mods on the outside though because it's dark very often and some nice illumination would set the car off very well I guess.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links