Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Bought 07 Auris Tr, Need Some Tips On Mod

Kocopopz

Hi Everyone,

I just bought my Auris TR and I wanted to do a few things to it, if people can help me with guides and advices it be great.

1 - Want to change the interior lights to LED, but I can't seem to get the plastic cover off to get to the bulbs, this is the lights behind the visor, and the one between the drivers seat and passenger at the front. ( What bulbs are needed ? )

2- How do i get to bulbs for the lisence plate? (what bulbs are needed)

3- Would it be possibly to get footwell Lights?

4 - Would love to replace my halogens with HID lights, or those projectors types, please list any good suggestions!

Thanks People!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed_Chaser

• Kocopopz

• tavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi and welcome !

For 1 and 2 use w5w type bulbs; sunvisor lamps can be took out with a screwdriver and front overhead lamp with fingers; regarding licence plate lamps, you can reach them removing small lid from inside inside tailgate.

For 3 whatever you like can be fitted.

For 4 there is a lot of topics...

I put some pcs.

frnti.jpg

This type of leds I used for licence plate, front overhead lamp, front parking lights and trunk lamp,

sdled.jpg

this I used for sunvisor lamps ,

matrled.jpg

and this type I used for dome lamp.

Hey Tavy , thanks ! Thanks for uploading the pics too ,

Apart from those w5w , I got exactly what you got , and fitted them in , so got the visor and the central light sorted , just need to order some for the front lights and number plate .

I got some led strips , which I used for my old focus , would you know where i could wire them up by the footwell ?

Thanks !

You're welcome !

Regarding footwell lights, if you have some LED strips, you can stick them on the sides of central console and feed them from radio harness (there is a minus and a plus from parking lights input, for instance).

Hey, Thanks,

Im not great with wiring, any chance you could upload some photos?

I also thought about sticknig a LED strip under the door bin, to be a puddle light when you open the door.

(so when you open the door, it shines on the floor.

Im looking to buy theres,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H11-6000k-XENON-HID-UPGRADE-KIT-for-PROJECTOR-LIGHTS-/290496408933?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a2ef6d65

And also these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-HB4-9006-White-120-3528-SMD-LEDs-Auto-Car-Fog-Light-Lamp-Bulb-12V-/251104262913?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a76fafb01

Would those be suitable for the car?

No chance because I don't have footwell light (it's not useful for me).

HIDs are OK for low beam but for high beam I can't recommend LED bulbs, halogens are much better. You can use instead LEDs in fog lights as DRLs.

hmm, i just dont want the lights to be yellow, i want all lights to be bright ice white, haha

I'll Ordered some over the weekend,

Have to try and get to all my lights, boots lights and headlights haha.!

Do you know anyone who does Dashboard and center console light changes?

Thanks for showing us the topic again, I like your work result very much ! :thumbsup:

That's not my car. Just found the pics and instructions on how to do it :)

I chose the easier, all-yellow way :P

p1070119i.jpg

p1070093w.jpg

p1070103x.jpg

nice! how did you manage to install the footwell illumination? thanks

Hey speed chaser , thanks for the link ! It seems to advance for me to do unfortunalely :( . But would love to get it done ! Sigh ...l

Yes, it's tricky and very accurate work. That's why I didn't start doing it neither.

As to footwells, I just connected them to the cig lighter and added a switch. If ON, they light up as I start the engine. There are other options too. One of them is to get the power from behind the glove box so that they'd light up as you open the door or turn your lights ON using the stalk. If you're interested to know how it's done, I can post up a DIY later on :)

Yeah if you can post up DIY for it , it be great ,

I bought some led strips before , so I wouldn't have this ON/OFF switch

You can connect footwell lights in two ways; if you want them work together with parkers take the "+" from stereo (E1 connector pin no.10 - grey I think) and the "-" from the same connector (E1 pin no.7 - brown wire).

On the other hand, if you want footwell lights work together with dome lamp (delayed) you have take a permanent "+" and delayed "-" backside of dome lamp (pin no.1 for "+" and pin no.3 for "-" , both are white).

I hope it helps a little bit...

So, here comes the guide!

Remove the glove box:

remove.jpg

This is the plug you should connect your wires to:

cluster.jpg

There's two wires that are connected to the dome lights. If you want footwells to work as you open the door, connect like shown in the picture:

closeup-1.jpg

If you want the footwells to light up as you turn on your parkers/headlights using stalk switch, locate the glove box light (lights up as you turn on your lights so should be easy to find). Disconnect the connector (pretty tight squeeze, but can be done) and connect your footwell wires to the connector wires. Connect back and test. No pics for this one, but should be easy to locate and connect :)

Good luck and post back if you've got questions!

Thanks speed chaser. Will be doing soon.

wow thats is great help! i shall give it a go next week, when i have time,!

also i got the amber light for the passenger airbag on when im driving, is there anyways i can turn that off?

It can be done :) Need to remove the top air vent, panels from around the radio and then pull out the air control unit. Open it up and attach some tape to the inside. Not too difficult to do, just be careful when opening the unit up to not to brake the plastics. I suggest you getting four hands in order to execute the procedure :)

Oo I c , it seems a lot Of work . Haha , just ordered some lights for my highlights ! Hope there bright !