Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carina Ii 1600 Gl

Nodnyl

Can any of you guys give me some idea of the MPG figures that my motor should be turning in? My old F**st* used to do quite well on petrol and I was wondering how much more fuel I can expect the Carina to burn. Any feedback will be very appreciated! :yes:

Get ready to take out an account with ure local filling station, the 1.6 in the carina 11 is fairly thirsty if i recall, the auto's are anyway.

Yeah, I was afraid someone would tell me that. Can anyone be a bit more specific, though? I've not had the chance to check it out properly yet but I'll be giving it a run next weekend which should give me a better idea of what it's slurping!! :o

I can't say for certain, but a friend (who i've not spoken to for a while) said he was getting about 21mpg. I think. My dad's V6 Eurovan isn't far off that at around 17mpg.

Well, I think mine's doing better than that ..... appears to be about 30mpg at the moment, but as I said, I should have a much better idea after next weekend! :thumbsup:

30mpg? that's pretty good i think. If u can improve on that then ure doing well.

30MPG isn't bad considering the vintage of Carina II's.

The 3S-FE in my Avensis (a very old unit originally used in Camry's, then Carina II's, then Carina E's, then the first gen Avensis before being replaced by the rattly and rather wheezy VVT-i 2.0),

in my Auto I get on average around 34MPG so considering that after 20 years of development I am getting roughly the same from a slightly bigger engine shows that the 4A-F in your Carina isn't doing bad to get 30MPG.

My dad used to get about 28 from his V6 Camry and about 27 in his LS400 although we did get 32.7MPG from it on a trip to Hull last week.

until very recently i was getting around 20mpg but were not quite sure what was going on there, it'd manage about 200ish miles on a tank. But this last tank it's managed 306miles so far, so i'm guessing my fuel economy has improved slightly:p Maybe it's because i've used a little less right foot.

Lol u might guess i've got a 3S-FE in a Carina II, from before the emissions garbage was added.

Lol u might guess i've got a 3S-FE in a Carina II, from before the emissions garbage was added.

Yes I do know, previous drivers of yours have included a chap with a hat and another with a private fleet of K10's!

Lol Jim didn't realise it was you, hehe you've been in my car Andy informs me :P hehe, yeah i was gettin about 21.9mpg. But since howard and andy have been tinkering the fuel economy has gradually crept up, i haven't worked it out but i will do tommoro probably.

Lol i've also been told mines faster than ure's :P lol couldn't resist.

Speak to u soon jim

Lol i've also been told mines faster than ure's :P lol couldn't resist.

Officially yours is.

According to the book, your 0-60 is 9.6 and my 0-62 is 10.6, but in personal tests I have got it down to your official figure.

Difference is, the Carina II's were a high quality product, the Avensis shall be going shortly hopefully before it falls apart and anything goes wrong with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering, are the figures you've given for round town or motorway driving?

I've just got back from a weekend away & I worked it out roughly that I' can get around 45mpg on the motorway! Filled the tank up on Thursday and did 248 miles on about 2/3 of a tank!! (cost £30)

I'm quite pleased with that ..... :P

wahooooo I got 36mpg on a long run up the M1 - A1 sticking to the speed limit cos of the over concentration of police speed traps on the lower part of the A1.