Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aluminium Oil Filter Cap Stuck

xHelenT180x

I recently had an oil change and a new fuel filter fitted, (i changed my pollen filter and air filter myself :) ). However when it came to changing the oil filter, the guys at the garage were unable to remove the cap in order to change the filter. They didnt want to try too hard in case the cap broke (as its made from aluminium). If that had happened, i would be unable to drive the car until they got a new cap in, (they said around two days to get the new part).

I go down south next Thursday and i would ideally like this changing asap, can anyone point me in the direction of a website that sells the housing cap as i'm struggling to locate one. My boyfriend said it will just come off if he wacks it with a hammer but I don't want to risk it then not being able to have a replacement available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Helen

I recently had an oil change and a new fuel filter fitted, (i changed my pollen filter and air filter myself :) ). However when it came to changing the oil filter, the guys at the garage were unable to remove the cap in order to change the filter. They didnt want to try too hard in case the cap broke (as its made from aluminium). If that had happened, i would be unable to drive the car until they got a new cap in, (they said around two days to get the new part).

I go down south next Thursday and i would ideally like this changing asap, can anyone point me in the direction of a website that sells the housing cap as i'm struggling to locate one. My boyfriend said it will just come off if he wacks it with a hammer but I don't want to risk it then not being able to have a replacement available.

Thanks in advance

Helen

Probably best to order it direct from your TOYOTA dealer as parts ordered should be delivered next working day

They will also ensure you get the genuine and correct part for your car

Good luck!

Cheers for that :) have just emailed through an enquiry. Didnt think to use Toyota directly, just wary of their prices but the cap itself shouldnt be much, i'd be getting it fitted for free as i already agreed a price before hand.

Helen

Thanks in advance

Helen

Probably best to order it direct from your TOYOTA dealer as parts ordered should be delivered next working day

They will also ensure you get the genuine and correct part for your car

Good luck!

Got a quote back from Toyota....£48.83!

I have emailed a couple of other sites i have found to see if i can locate any cheaper

PM me your registration number and I will see what price I can do

Kingo :thumbsup:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem;PdsSession=2fe7f14c1390a02767633ed3fffbf476?itemId=310401669545&index=14&nav=SEARCH&nid=37923047620

Try the link above after trying and learning from the cheap and nasty copies I learnt the hard way you get what you pay for manufactured by Lazer excellent quality.. Fits straight on