Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 Vvti 140 Performance Chip

Jammer4000

Hi,

I've had my celica for 1 year and have started to modify it slightly.

I was thinking of putting a performance chip on it.

Are there performance chips for this model and if so which are the best?

Thanks

Basically NO!

If you do fit one as a piggy back, the stock ECU WILL overwrite it in a very short space of time. The only why to get more performance is to fit a aftermarket ECU, but even then you won't seen hardly any gains. Most 140 owners I know who have done eprformance mods (exhaust, induction kit etc - not cheap stuff either) have gained about 4-6hp on average.

The only way to get a real performance increase is to fit a turbo or supercharger. To do that you'll need at least £4-5k just for the kits (all custom made as there is not an off the shelf option). Then on top of that you'll need decent tyres, uprated brakes, exhaust improvements (ideally), lowering springs/coilovers & top top it of enough spare funds for 2 tunes (just in case something gets picked in the first tune or something goes wrong).

• 2 weeks later...

Apexi Power fc but it will cost u quite abit ive seen them in use on the 2zzge and tuned right will raise revs to 9k and is well worth it for the fast revving.