Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Vinyl 'sticker's'

Hi All, just a quick one whilst I have the details in front of me. For anyone interested in where our Hare 'sticker' or 'Vinyl' came from, it was from Hippy Motors. I'm not promoting them, but they are good. Details are available here, unless this is deemed 'wrong' for some reason. If they have been removed or I have to remove them then send me a PM and I will gladly send them to you. Don't want to break the rules.

Hippy Motors, 27 Orchard Close, Shepshed, Leicestershire, LE12 9UB, or call 01509-552748 or see at http://www.hippymotors.co.uk/ (Updated web address as it was mixed up with an e-mail address somehow) Matt and Angela run it. Loads of vinyls to choose from.

This is another view of the 'Hare.'

post-113536-0-97407700-1345121080_thumb.

I really like the hare design, Bob, it looks great on your car! Do you know the origin of that design? It seems familiar to me, as if I have seen it on a book cover or something.

I really like the hare design, Bob, it looks great on your car! Do you know the origin of that design? It seems familiar to me, as if I have seen it on a book cover or something.

Apparently it's a Pagan thing. It is an image of a Moon Gazing Hare. Here is the description from their site -

'Description: The myth of the Moon Gazing Hare reflects ancient beliefs. Pagans believed that seeing a moon gazing hare would bring growth, re-birth, abundance, new-beginnings and good fortune. The hare is known to be sacred to the goddess Eostre and eventually became known as the Easter bunny. At Easter we eat Hot-Cross-Buns, the cross on the bun is said to represent the four quarters of the moon, these buns were originally pagan offerings and were often hung from rafters to scare off evil that lurked in houses.'

There ya go. Yes James, they are quite popular on book covers, and so on. Perhaps you may have seen them at Easter time? We are lucky enough to live out in the country and have seen them wild in fields near where we live, but not staring up at the moon. And no, we are not Pagans either. I'm not known as a supporter of any religion. I keep my views on it to myself as I respect other people's views. Unlike a T-shirt I saw on one of my step-sons girls once. It said, 'I have my own opinion and everyone's entitled to a piece of it, whether they like it or not!' Girls today...

After reading your information and the link to Hippy Motors now make sense :P :bye:

I am tempted to put a banksy picture on my car... are there any risk to putting one up? What will Mr. T think?

Colin, on the Hippy Motors site, assuming you have looked, there are many styles and sizes to choose from. Also, video's showing how to apply and remove these 'vinyl sticker's.' It was my wife who wanted the Hare on the car. I was so surprised at her decision, especially as this was going onto the iQ. Still, they look good, she made the right choice. Subtle, not too visible, and yet distinctive enough to look that little bit different. We could have gone for any other colour in reality, but she chose black. I sometimes think that low-viz stickers are the way to go. See below.

post-113536-0-22349100-1345197355_thumb.

post-113536-0-44328100-1345197474_thumb.

Thing with low vis vinyl on a white car is... I might as well not put it on.

Thanks to your link, I am now seriously considering having something on my car. Banksy girl and balloon is my favourite and they do it!

• 2 weeks later...

I also heartily recommend Hippy Motors. They liked my design enough to make it a "special". Search for "Happy Hippy Hibiscus Special" to see my wife's cute iQ - now called Petal.

Why pay Toyota 280pounds when you can do something truly individual for 60?

However, we may not have bothered if Toyota made cars in bright colours. Why make a cute car but only sell it in dull metallics?

Welcome to the forum.

I think the iQ comes in a good choice of bright colours, more so than the choice of dull ones.

I think they are just pacing it a little and not shooting their bolt all in one go.

Different trends for different markets surely.

For some a iQ is a big enough statement without going Small & Bright.

Buyers have to be prepared to order or buy certain colours of cars or manufacturers can not offer them.

I am sure there will be a changing the choices as the years go on.

Getting a Wrap on an iQ in a colour to suit you is not so expensive and you can have a colour of your exact choice, that can be stripped for selling on the car, without being left to sell a car with a Shade that has a limited appeal on the market.

& you have a car for sale with paint in a nice condition.

george

post-104736-0-74483600-1346484171_thumb.

Nice picture, Never seen a yellow one or the one next to it in that bluey green colour? Not for the European market perhaps?

Can name most of them, Pearl white, Chilli red, Burnt orange, Yellow?, Bluey green?, Island Blue and Decuma grey. Can't see the Eclipse black, Tyrol Silver or the Deep Amethyst in the line up. Great display though. :)

Craig.

The iQ's in the pic supplied by George are right hand drive models and I have to say, some nicer colours coming along if these are from new stock. I have to admit to admiring the other cars I have seen on the Interweb that have received the Wrap treatment. I recall that tall skinny guy from Fifth Gear getting an old banger 'wrapped' in chrome (or partly wrapped?). It was hideous, but the idea is good if done with good taste in mind, and as George rightly says, when removed the paintwork underneath is as good as new -after a clean up anyway.

Now then, how much for an iQ wrap? Anyone?

http://www.totally-d...case-study.html

post-113536-0-80384400-1346518615_thumb.

post-113536-0-66822700-1346518814_thumb.

post-113536-0-67604800-1346518824_thumb.

I fancy something like this.... saw a BMW with a rower on & it looked FAB... Mocked the attached pic up & touted around a few local Graphics places around where I live but none were interested in quoting me...

post-125386-0-88051100-1346710536_thumb.

I fancy something like this.... saw a BMW with a rower on & it looked FAB... Mocked the attached pic up & touted around a few local Graphics places around where I live but none were interested in quoting me...

Like it Rob, nice one. I once saw a pic of a Smart car with a motorbike graphic down the side, so it looked like the driver was the rider. Great idea, and great way to get noticed. Although, if you had a female form in the deck chair... that would get a lot more attention, especially if they saw your head on top of it.

:-) (No icons as they won't load on my poxy slow Interweb connection. So much for BT being faster. It's 00:29 in the morning FFS!)

It would not be my choice.

Well unless i owned a Gift Shop in the Highlands and wanted to park it up as an advertising vehicle.

Or maybe if i wanted to catch the eye of a wealthy American Heiress.

Second thoughts,

i think it looks great.

george

Must agree... not my 1st choice... maybe in a different 'Tartan'??

I've seen that Tartan one. Used to see it most evenings on the way home earlier this year but haven't seen it recently.

Here it is as caught on camera from the screen of my iQ :)

post-116364-0-84569100-1346831399_thumb.

It would not be my choice.

Well unless i owned a Gift Shop in the Highlands and wanted to park it up as an advertising vehicle.

Or maybe if i wanted to catch the eye of a wealthy American Heiress.

Second thoughts,

i think it looks great.

george

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Love it, Best of luck with the heiress George. How many of them are around these days? And when will they be around? And Where? My notepad is waiting... Still, as you say, as an advertising gimmick, it's good.