Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Does The 3 Year Warranty Not Cover

pstones578

putting it in a nut Shell......the warrenty doesnt cover anything that has happened to the car that has been caused by UNFAIR wear and tear.........

e.g. tyres and brake pads due to hard breaking or wheel spinning

that sort of thing

anything that goes wrong with the car that is a manufatoring fault should be covered.

Do you think i can get the clutch replaced under waranty cos I dont think itl last another year :eek:

or Icould just buy a up-rated one :hokus-pokus:

Niz

Silly question - sorry to hijack your post a bit pstones578.....

The cover to my sunroof, one of the slidy things has just come off - I was sliding it across and it jammed so I had a look and the metal slider was wedged in the sunroof so I took it out.

The sliding cover still works and all but if I take it back to Toyota to get it fixed will that be covered?

Silly question - sorry to hijack your post a bit pstones578.....

The cover to my sunroof, one of the slidy things has just come off - I was sliding it across and it jammed so I had a look and the metal slider was wedged in the sunroof so I took it out.

The sliding cover still works and all but if I take it back to Toyota to get it fixed will that be covered?

All of it i should think, shouldnt really break/fall off so dont see why they wont sort it, its not like you yanked it off to make the car go faster is it!!!!

Niz :thumbsup:

perishable bits ie exhaust, tyres, wipers arnt covered

theres a list you get with the car, check the owners manual thing

Consumables, accidental damage and damage through abuse aren't covered. Other that that, everything else is I think.

Nizan: Certainly worth asking about the clutch. Mine started juddering a bit at 35000 miles, and my local dealer replaced it under warranty :)

Nizan: Certainly worth asking about the clutch. Mine started juddering a bit at 35000 miles, and my local dealer replaced it under warranty :)

Ok mate will do, i cant feel it slipping yet but its had a hard life :arrgg-matey:

Ill just blame it on the missus :lol::lol::lol:

Niz

perishable bits ie exhaust, tyres, wipers arnt covered

The exhaust is covered, even if it rusts & drops off after 2 years 364 days you will still get a nice new one! Unlike some, Toyota's warranty is a full 3 years manufacturer warranty not a 1 year with 2 year dealer top up.

No car manufacturer covers tyres as these are covered by the tyre manufacturer.

Fair wear & tear, accident, misuse or abuse then its not covered, everything else you should be fine.