Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coolant Prob

BLACKY9161

hi guy

hopefuly someone can help, i have 09 advensis old shape 2.0 D4D Diesel i have filled coolant up but it disappears i have now realised its coming out of the overflow ive trie to see if air in system the cap but nothing i am really scratching ma head now i use the car for work i need it fixed asap. HELP

Either it's getting too hot, expanding and throwing it out. Could be a duff thermostat, or water pump, or a blockage, or perhaps even the cooling fan not working.

Or

It's a serious engine problem like a cylinder head fault. Combustion gas escaping into the coolant system will over-pressurise it and throw it out.

Sniff the coolant and see if it smells of fumes. Rev the car and see if the coolant level fluctuates. Check engine oil level and see if it's white/grey/milky looking. Check the exhaust and see if it's throwing out extra amounts of steam/water.

hi guy

hopefuly someone can help, i have 09 advensis old shape 2.0 D4D Diesel i have filled coolant up but it disappears i have now realised its coming out of the overflow ive trie to see if air in system the cap but nothing i am really scratching ma head now i use the car for work i need it fixed asap. HELP

Hello mate,

get it into your nearest Toyota dealers asap in case the head gasket has gone and providing you have service history they should fix it for free due to a well known problem.

Good luck ... Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links