Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod Adapter

thewingedavenger

Having just bought a 58 plate 2.2 D4D XTR I am looking to fit an IPod adapter. I have read the tech tips and am wondering If my Toyota type 58827 radio can take the adapter. This is the radio with the built in 6 disc CD changer. Will the standard adaper plug in as I can see no free sockets on the rear of the radio? All comments welcome and Hello to everyone!

Welcome to the club and nice avitar - that takes me back!

There is another pinned thread on your radio here;

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72652

Keep in mind that these days you can get Parrot adapters or even a new double din stereo that will connect with your phone as well.

However, the proper Toyota kit works perfectly with your radio.

Thanks for your reply. I'd ordered one of the connect2 adapters but on removing the radio could find no empty sockets to plug into. Although the adapter came with a couple of leads instructions were spubik to say the least and I did not want to force any plugs into sockets. The only socket that appeared to be suitable already had a plug in it with a single yellow wire from it. I gave up and returned the adapter. I guess the next route is an aftermarket radio and fitting kit but its gonna have to wait as decent car radio shops in this neck of the woods are hard to find. By the way Toyota wanted to charge me £139 plus the dreaded VAT for installation which is a bit much.

• 4 weeks later...

Very interesting. Have you fitted it? Whats it like? Where did you get it? Sorry to be a nosey parker!

I fitted mine in about 15minutes.

Ordered direct from the company link is in my post above and it arrived in about 5-6 days. Didn't pay import duty. Maybe I was lucky.

It is dead easy to fit. I'm a real numpty when it comes to these things. I have the iPod in my glove box at the moment but I may well reroute the cables to the centre console.

Still works with the bluetooth and steering wheel controls. As they say in the video it is completely intergrated to the Rav's system.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links