Do Not Sell My Personal Information

05 Plate Aygo Problems?

kalonji

Hey,

Im looking to pick up an aygo next week. so much better on fuel economy etc compared to my golf, plus tax, insurance etc. its win, win.

Just wondered about the one im after, it looks in good nick, will have further checks done but i read somewhere that the first models may have issues with leaks in footwell, clutch issues too? Is this just words, has anyone experienced this with an older version or is there nothing for me to worry about?

If all goes well, i'll pick it up next week :)

Kalonji.

Clutch and water pump big problems on that year. If they have not been replaced then it will cost you. Larger clutch from Yaris not fitted till 2009.

Water leaks are a big problem on the Aygo which not shared to same extent by C1 107.

Speakers in door panels, horizontal rear light clusters and other small Aygo differences cause of many leaks.

Check all foot wells and boot for signs of water ingress and allow for clutch and water pump if they have not replaced

Clutch and water pump big problems on that year. If they have not been replaced then it will cost you. Larger clutch from Yaris not fitted till 2009.

Water leaks are a big problem on the Aygo which not shared to same extent by C1 107.

Speakers in door panels, horizontal rear light clusters and other small Aygo differences cause of many leaks.

Check all foot wells and boot for signs of water ingress and allow for clutch and water pump if they have not replaced

Hey thanks a lot for this info man, helped a lot.. Im still looking at the aygo's, am looking at a 56 plate 'aygo black'. is this model ok? Thats they aygo black, not a black aygo. unless theres no difference.. thanks in advance

All still applies but clutch and water pump likely to have been replaced . 2009 before larger clutch and even cars in 2011 could leak.

If work done at main dealer it will have been recorded other wise see invoices.