Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long Journey.

Phil White

I am going to do a long drive tomorrow, well it's long enough anyway. 350 miles to Cornwall for a week mostly motorways and "A" roads so i will be interested to see the MPG and now i have just fitted a rev counter i can keep an eye on that too.

Excellent! I managed to eek out 76.6mpg on a motorway and A-road journey back from Wales, so high figures are possible! I'm going to try and beat that though next month on a similar journey! For your reference, my first petrol gauge bar disappeared after 135 miles if I remember correctly. Never even got to the second bar disappearing before I arrived home!

Good luck and safe journey :thumbsup:

Excellent! I managed to eek out 76.6mpg on a motorway and A-road journey back from Wales, so high figures are possible! I'm going to try and beat that though next month on a similar journey! For your reference, my first petrol gauge bar disappeared after 135 miles if I remember correctly. Never even got to the second bar disappearing before I arrived home!

Good luck and safe journey :thumbsup:

I got to Cornwall safely ad did about 71mpg so I am pleased. I did not hang about though and often stayed at 70 mph so could have probably got better mpg if I went a bit slower. So doing 315 miles on half a tank is good enough for me

Just got back home from Cornwall and it took eleven hours to do 325 miles as the traffic was a nightmare all the way and stopped for an hour so thats an average of 32.5MPH!!!!!

That was by far the longest journey i have ever done timewise but the MPG was great.

I had a similar experience in July, one Friday when the heavens opened! It took me 7 hours to travel 180 motorway miles but my Aygo still returned over 65mpg. And that was including 4 junctions on the M6 when I never got out of 1st gear!