Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car

Kryz Orlinski

I have recently written off my 407 and was thinking of swapping company to Toyota, and getting an avansis.

after reading far to much on this and other websites i have come to the conclusion that the 2.0l diesel it the best engine to go for.

What milage should i go for?

I am looking at 2008 models, is there anything major needed at specific intervals that i need to be aware of? i read it has a chain not a belt, so thats one off the list.

does this year/model still have problems with headlights melting?

Afaik the 2008 has no problems with headlights melting.

The standard bulbs are poor though & worth upgrading but it's an awkward job.

The only thing other than standard modern turbo-diesl issues (EGR etc.) worth watching for is that a small % can suffer from a problem with the head gasket & it's not a simple or cheap fix. However, the 2.0 seems less prone to this than the 2.2 & Toyota have an extended warranty in place for this that covers up to 7 years or 112k miles.

This is quite old so it may have changed by now but this was the service schedule http://www.toyota-tech.eu/MaintenanceSchedules/avensis/Final.pdf

if possible why not go for the 2009 newer model? or save a bit of money and go say 2006/2007 lowish mileage?

otherwise depending on how you plan to use the car, mainly motorway etc and plus how long you will look to keep it depends on the mileage of the car you are looking to buy

any well maintained, even high mileage cars will give good service, and generally its just oil change and filters. As Heidfirst says above, 2.0 D4D is decent motor, and also agree with headlight bulb upgrade too.

Happy shopping

if possible why not go for the 2009 newer model? or save a bit of money and go say 2006/2007 lowish mileage?

otherwise depending on how you plan to use the car, mainly motorway etc and plus how long you will look to keep it depends on the mileage of the car you are looking to buy

any well maintained, even high mileage cars will give good service, and generally its just oil change and filters. As Heidfirst says above, 2.0 D4D is decent motor, and also agree with headlight bulb upgrade too.

Happy shopping

The only 2009 plus I can find would have higher millage. However I suppose that doesnt matter too much.

Could go older and save money. I was planning on buying a warranty anyway so one of them I need.

Will have to have a good think.

What is the 2009 like on reliability is it still as rock solid as the pre 2009

generally its a :)

for low annual mileage its a better choice as the parts are a lot simpler to look after, no dpf, turbo etc. i haven't come across any head gasket issues either

I have come across oil consumption issues but again relatively not that common, saying that significant number of people have the diesel option.

on the other hand, it could be low key because there aren't that many problems with petrol motors at all

generally its a

Great :-)

for low annual mileage its a better choice as the parts are a lot simpler to look after, no dpf, turbo etc. i haven't come across any head gasket issues either

What about buying an existing high mileage car which will then have lower annual mileage?

I have come across oil consumption issues but again relatively not that common, saying that significant number of people have the diesel option.

Oil consumption issues on petrol or Diesel?

on the other hand, it could be low key because there aren't that many problems with petrol motors at all

The petrol engine? Or petrol engines in general vs diesel?