Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing A 4.2 Rear Wiper?

sniper9652

Sorry fellas (& girls) I've had to drop my pride a bit here as I have tried & tried to take the rear blade and holder off the clip (arm) as it needs changing! Is there an easy way? Got close to losing it and damaging the wiper system so I thought I would throw it out on here! Do you have to break the clip to get it off or do you re-use this with the new blade & holder?

TIA, From a red faced Steve!

Sorry fellas (& girls) I've had to drop my pride a bit here as I have tried & tried to take the rear blade and holder off the clip (arm) as it needs changing! Is there an easy way? Got close to losing it and damaging the wiper system so I thought I would throw it out on here! Do you have to break the clip to get it off or do you re-use this with the new blade & holder?

TIA, From a red faced Steve!

This is one of those situations where Mr. T has made things unnecessarily complicated. Depending on whether your RAV ia an early 4.2 or a face-lifted one (i.e. round fogs and indicators incorporated in headlamp unit) they seem to have two different fittings for the rubber on the back wiper - one has a metal reinforcing strip & the other has a plastic one (can't remembre which is which though). I've had to replace them on both our 4.2's, one is pre & the other is post face-lift and frankly, the easiest route is to get your local Toyota dealer to order up the correct complete blade which you can then attach to the arm.

They are not expensive bought this way and it's way less hassle than trying to oredr just the rubber.

I paid just over a tenner for mIne and fitted it fairly easily. Are there any videos on YouTube to guide the way? I don't remember exactly how I did it, but nothing had to be broken to do he job.

Sorry fellas (& girls) I've had to drop my pride a bit here as I have tried & tried to take the rear blade and holder off the clip (arm) as it needs changing! Is there an easy way? Got close to losing it and damaging the wiper system so I thought I would throw it out on here! Do you have to break the clip to get it off or do you re-use this with the new blade & holder? TIA, From a red faced Steve!
This is one of those situations where Mr. T has made things unnecessarily complicated. Depending on whether your RAV ia an early 4.2 or a face-lifted one (i.e. round fogs and indicators incorporated in headlamp unit) they seem to have two different fittings for the rubber on the back wiper - one has a metal reinforcing strip & the other has a plastic one (can't remembre which is which though). I've had to replace them on both our 4.2's, one is pre & the other is post face-lift and frankly, the easiest route is to get your local Toyota dealer to order up the correct complete blade which you can then attach to the arm. They are not expensive bought this way and it's way less hassle than trying to oredr just the rubber.

Thanks for your reply Jim, my car is the facelift one (round fogy lamps) It's the complete unit at the end of the arm which incorporates the blade which I wish to change, I have gotten an aftermarket (identical) one off eBay...its just that I can't get the other one off the car?!!

Steve

I paid just over a tenner for mIne and fitted it fairly easily. Are there any videos on YouTube to guide the way? I don't remember exactly how I did it, but nothing had to be broken to do he job.
Thanx Bill, you gave me a good steer there with your youtube suggestion! I don't beleive that this minor task had me 'stumped'! Once I watched the video (below link) I went out to my drive in the dark and removed the old and replaced with the new...it took me all of about 5 seconds to complete!! :ffs:
Steve

Thanx Bill, you gave me a good steer there with your youtube suggestion! I don't beleive that this minor task had me 'stumped'! Once I watched the video (below link) I went out to my drive in the dark and removed the old and replaced with the new...it took me all of about 5 seconds to complete!! :ffs:
Steve

Glad you got it sorted, Steve.