Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Thinks I Live In Newcastle

pface

I have just become a Rav 4 owner, I have a 2003 VVTi, and I love it.

The Sat Nav seems to load up OK, and you can input where you want to go, the problem I have is it thinks I am in Newcastle and always starts the route from Newcastle, but i'm not in Newcastle, i'm in North Yorkshire !

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be.

Hello and welcome to the TOC, crazy odd one that, can it be reset ?

I'm not sure if it can be reset, I am tempted to disconnect the Battery, to see if it resets itself, but having read other posts on sat nav problems, I don't want to make things worse.

Welcome to the club. Try posting on the Rav4 forum here.smeone may be able to advise you.

Or you could move to Newcastle. Anyway hope you get it sorted out.

Yes moving to Newcastle would be an option, but maybe a bit extreme. Disconnected Battery, it did reboot but still the same. Got quote from Toyota for replacement unit, £1400.00. :bored: don't think I will go down that road, unless it is in Newcastle of course.

Does the gps work fully in all other ways, recalculation based on your current position when you set off? If not I think on the touchscreen nav's there is a hidden service menu that will allow you to see the GPS data. you can check if the antenna has a good signal. i seem to recall that to get to the menu you need to press the cornes of the touchscreen in a specific sequence, some googling will help find the code.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links