Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.2 T180

Shaun Clayforth

Right ... update

car is still struggling at low rpm to pull away until turbo kicks in at just over 1500rpm .. unless i rev up first and drop clutch at high revs .. if i keep revs high while going thru the gearbox it seems ok .. it just does,nt feel right

i have cleaned egr valve and added a full bottle of fuel additive , although it is slightly better its not brilliant

i cleaned egr valve while car was still warm , should i do this while its cold

does anyone have any other ideas

When was the last time the fuel/air filters were changed ?

I'm assuming you cleaned out the manifold with the 3 holes that the EGR Valve assembly sits on ? Mine was massively coked up but the EGR valve itself didnt seem too bad.

i would check with injectors -- it looks like you have minor ovevrfueling

regards

Thanks guys

car done 67000 and was last serviced at 61000

think i will get a full service done any way and a cam belt change for peace of mind

Thanks guys

car done 67000 and was last serviced at 61000

think i will get a full service done any way and a cam belt change for peace of mind

No cambelt to worry about as it's chain driven and the egr won't be checked during the service unless you ask them to do it and that will cost a lot more. It shouldn't really need another service Shaun after 6000 miles, maybe the money would be better spent asking the Toyota dealer to find out what is actually wrong and fingers crossed they won't rip you off.

Pete.

Change the fuel filter and stick a tank full of Shell V-Power derv in with my beloved BG244 and see the results!...