Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Duplicating Master Key & Other Questions

Haseeb18

Hello. When I had brought my Corolla it only came with one black key with the buttons on it which I believe is the master key? I was wondering how much Toyota would charge me to duplicate my master key incase I were to lose it?

Also, I am looking for genuine Corolla mats, I saw some going online for cheap for the 52reg PFL Corolla. Are the ones which come with the Facelift 55reg Corolla exactly the same as the ones for the PFL or are they of different designs? If anyone could please post a picture of your mats it would be of great help!

Thanks

Get a new key BEFORE you lose the only key you have. Your dealer cannot cut you a new key and programme it should you ever lose it. There are a ton of people supplying new keys, one from your dealer will be best part of £150

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yep i contacted Toyota today and they gave me a rough quote of around £135. I will be getting it done sometime within the next 2 weeks!

Also, would you happen to know of the difference or similarties between the PFL 2002 Car mats and the FL 2005 Corolla mats?

Thanks!

Also, i do not have any silver tag that with a key number i think? What is the purpose of that little tag and will it make it difficult getting a new key duplicated?

It's a bit of a bugger the keys; I've had quotes of £90, £120 and £150 for a dupe of my Yaris key. Very expensive no matter how you look at it, but if you've only got the one it's better peace of mind as if you lose the last master key they charge you for a full ECU replacement which is over a grand! :eek:

Yeah thats what the Toyota dealer told me too. Its way too expensive to get everything changed!

What is the purpose of that little tag and will it make it difficult getting a new key duplicated?

The tag is just the key number, no problem if you dont have it, not unless you have had the locks changed that is :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links