Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Passed Mot

james-rav4

after owning our RAV4.2 for 12 months she went in for an MOT today.

Passed with no advisories at all!!

while up on the ramps had a good look and she's been fully waxoyled and sealed too.

both axles and transfer box were checked for oil and all ok , oil was clean and at the correct level so the last owner(s) looked after her.

well pleased .........

I got an advisory on "offside front upper (boot deteriorating) anti roll bar linkage has slight play in a pin/bush".

A bit of googling suggests that you should replace in pairs ie nearside and offside -do folks agree?

Does it sound like a job to do tomorrow or in 5000 miles?

Thanks

is this an age thing ??

My first 3 cars (64 Ford Anglia, 62 Beetle and 68 Morris 1100) I expected to fail (and wasn't disappointed !!)

Then a phase of fingers-crossed cars (especially the Firenza that flattered to deceive).

Finally started owning cars, which flew through the test (as has my RAV on the last three tests), yet despite the knowledge and evidence that all will be OK I'm still surprised and delighted to be handed my new MOT Certificate

after owning our RAV4.2 for 12 months she went in for an MOT today.

Passed with no advisories at all!!

while up on the ramps had a good look and she's been fully waxoyled and sealed too.

both axles and transfer box were checked for oil and all ok , oil was clean and at the correct level so the last owner(s) looked after her.

well pleased .........

well done you and the rav.

is this an age thing ?? My first 3 cars (64 Ford Anglia, 62 Beetle and 68 Morris 1100) I expected to fail (and wasn't disappointed !!) Then a phase of fingers-crossed cars (especially the Firenza that flattered to deceive). Finally started owning cars, which flew through the test (as has my RAV on the last three tests), yet despite the knowledge and evidence that all will be OK I'm still surprised and delighted to be handed my new MOT Certificate

Do you mean that piece of re-cycled toilet roll? Well never mind as long as you can get your road tax with it who cares? I would love to know though how much this has really saved the Govt?

Steve

Dunno about savings for the government but it'll hit the small post offices as taxing online is so much easier - all your documents are linked 'in the system' now.....................

Won't stop the little $hit$ who drive without though, they'll just rob the plates of a similar, legit car :ffs:

Dunno about savings for the government but it'll hit the small post offices as taxing online is so much easier - all your documents are linked 'in the system' now..................... Won't stop the little $hit$ who drive without though, they'll just rob the plates of a similar, legit car :ffs:

funny you should say that as we had both plates nicked off our RAV about 6 months ago !

Got mine on thursday. It will be 10 at the end of the month! About time for a new one me thinks. 1 careful owner 47k.

Do you mean that piece of re-cycled toilet roll? Well never mind as long as you can get your road tax with it who cares? I would love to know though how much this has really saved the Govt?

It will save an absolute fortune, imagine how many test centres there are, all having MOT certs sent with a courier, plus all the printing costs. Now all those costs are with the test station, paper, cartridges etc. Security was always an issue as pads of certificates were always being nicked

The next thing that should be done is to make the fee fixed, paid at the post office or online as part of the taxing process, the MOT system as it is becomes a joke when test centres are selling MOT's for £25

Kingo :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with a £25 MoT as long as it's done properly. A MoT isn't worth the paper it's written on IMHO. Didn't the certificate have an award for clear English even though at the top is said "this certificate certifies a cars road worthyness" and at the bottom it said " this certificate does not certify a cars road worthyness"! Or something like that...

The MOT cert has always had that wording on it, it's not worth the paper it's written on because errrr, the paper is now worth frigg all :lol:

The value of an MOT is lost now that people discount it. How do people doing MOT's at £25 make any money? The cost of running a workshop, equipment, maintenance, insurance etc is huge and discounting the MOT to £25 is madness. Those that do this (quite rightly) have many more visits by VOSA, long may it continue, until such time as the price is fixed, just like the cost of a postage stamp

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links