Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gutted

Soeley

Really sorry to hear it. Did they leave a note, any cameras about?

No note - no camera - need to clean it up tomorrow an see what I am left with. Its is almost identical to your damage though. Will take a picture.

I have to say i get paranoid about parking mine I never park between two cars I go to places "out of normal hours" some times visit Tesco at 1am so have plenty of room. I have sat in many a car park usually Tesco and watched people. They are very strange. They will park between 2 cars and struggle to get out by holding the door against them, then have to get children out. but just after the car next to them there are 15 empty spaces. They park as close as they can to the entrance so they haven't got to walk far then spend 2 hours walking round the shop.

I try to park with one side lose to a wall or the end of a row so thats reduced the chances of damage by 50%. Obviously not near a roaming trolley left to roam by some lazy A hole. Only yesterday I saw a couple come out of Toys R Us with a child's rocker in the cardboard box. They couldn't get it into the car in its box so they removed it from the box and got it in their car, The box they folded in half and wedged it under the car next to them!!!! Vermin

David

That's appalling behaviour by that couple David by what your saying!!

Im the same as you. Park to a wall or end space at least reduces the risk by half. I've started to park quite far away and just walk the extra bit to the supermarket. I get very itchy when I return to find someone's parked next to me and is attempting to get out. I always mutter to my partner just to let my anger out in a more discreet way. Thing is, I can't understand why people choose to not care. Its happening to much and what really annoys me is after the persons driven off, there's not much you can do but foot the bill. Utter mindless cowards so they are!

Was in Sainsburys car park a few days ago whilst waiting for the wife, i watched a Focus driver trying to park between two other cars, he approached at the wrong angle and hit the mirror on onr car and then hit the other scraping its side. he knew he was very close to these cars but kept edging foreward till contact. he backed out and drove to another part of the car park.

i got out of my car and first looked at the one cars mirror,which had folded back,but here seemed to be no marks on it.the other car rear door and wing were badly gauged.

when the wife came back to our car i explained what i had seen happen,she insisted we have a word with the Focus driver.I asked him why he did not leave a note or something on the car he had hit,at first he said he did not know he had hit it (rubbish).he then got a note book and pen from his car and said he would leave his details on the damaged car.

That was not good enough for the wife,she got the number of the car that had been hit and marched in to sainsburys and got them to Tanoy for the owner.

When i first saw the damage to the car i was not sure if it due to the Focus or an old wound.Anyway the owner turned up at the reception desk and we explained what had happend and he was in shock as the car never had a mark on it before.

When he got to to his car the Focus driver was still standing next to it.

He said he would pay for any damage he had caused and not go thruugh his insurence company.

We left our phone number with chap. Couple of days later he phoned us t say that the quote for the repairs to his car would cost £1500.the Focus driver agreed to pay this.

Ive had a simuler thing happen to me where a driver has promised to pay and then change their mind.

But as i have heard nothing since from the the owner of the damaged car i assume its all been sorted ok.

PS

The repairs cost was £1500. i did a typo at first effort but am for some reason cannot edit it. well its done it again,why is that.

It's a disgrace that these people do things like that. I mean, how would they feel if it was done to their car? :nono:

When we had our Mondeo I was sat in it outside Tesco in Shrewsbury and this pair of young 'women' parked next to me in their little Peugeot and the driver hit my door when she opened hers, and didn't seem to even notice, or even think it was a problem.

:ffs: I said nothing as I was fuming, so after they had walked off I got out of the car and checked the damage. Dent and scratch where the door connected!

:spiteful: I took out my key from the ignition, checked no one was looking, and put a nice long deep key mark all down the side of it... 'I wasn't best pleased with what I had done, but heat of the moment and the callous attitude of the pair of them made me do it, honest gov!'

:angry: When they came out they were completely oblivious to the new designer scratch along their car. And no, I didn't feel much better afterwards, but at the time I did.

It's all heat of the moment and I've done things that I regret so yes that was harsh but I understand :cheers:

I would of immediately shot of the car and say to them, something on the lines of 'Obviously you didn't hear your door smack into mine 2secs ago no'? And see what response you get. I would then get there keys, open there door up to prove it was her/him that just done it, as the lines will match up.

I actually had a great one today in Asda, I parked up in a cheeky end space, miles away. Just grabbed my wallet and phone from my armrest and turned my head to the door and OH, there is some old granny burning her clutch revving away reversing as close as you like beside me. So I wait until her parking drama is over, which did take a good few minutes, may I add!! Then she was just about to swing the door open when I blasted the horn, safe to say she filled herself, I rolled down my window, then she did too and I actually just came out with it 'Are you having a f***ing laugh? Are you seeeeriously going to leave your car as close as that'? She just had a blank face so I said 'Nah, didn't think so, learn to park you stupid old hag'. Then I reversed :driving: and parked elsewhere. I was shocked how she just didn't even know what she had done wrong!! Unbelieveable. :bangin:

Thing is the UK is like toy town. The spacing is rediculous. Makes me laugh when i see special spaces for people with small children. Those are the sizes we all need if not bigger. If yoy go to a Cosco carpark there is extra space either side of the car in all spaces. For loading. Do i not have to load things in my car in other car parks? Or can i only shop if i am the size of Kate Moss

David

The thing is the carpark spaces have stayed the same size (maybe new ones are bigger?) but cars have been increasing in size year on year. For example have you seen a Mk1 Golf next to the latest model? it is tiny.

I think people see the iQ and think "small car", but it's width is the same as the average car on the road.

Mark,

You are assuming they think. They will do whatever they can get away with. They dont even notice you sitting in the car while they are continuously wacking it

David

This is what I am left with - I am sooooooo angry. Every time I look at see red mist :disgust: .

Cost to fix £175 + vat.

Like you said, almost identical to mine. *****s!

Edit: Bar Stewards.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links