Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Cable From Battery To Boot, Firewall Problem

kolor99

Hey everyone, I bought a Bass Pack at Halfords and now need to bring power cable from Battery to boot. The problem is that all holes in firewall are fully packed with other cables, it's so tight in there that it's not even possible to put the cable through, also they are going in declined direction. I was looking at two holes that sit on a Battery side and exit behind glovebox.

I have Avensis 2007 UK model

Hi,

I know it's for the new T27 model, where it's probably even tighter, but download this manual:

http://www.toyota-te...M 001 289-2.pdf

It's a towing hitch wireing kit installation guide, but at least it gives you an idea how and where they manage to pull a +12V wire from the Battery through the firewall and to the back of the car.

Good luck.

On the large grommit that the wiring passes through the firewall if you look closely there should be a nipple type addition sticking out for feeding extra cables,at least got that on my Auris so cant see why there should noyt be one on a Avensis. But doubt if big enough for a Battery cable. but you could give it a try. Good luck.