Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Lights

Jaco byte

Hello, i'm interested in installing some HID's into my yaris and would like some idea on the law as it stands, are they illegal and how dose it stand with MOT, would it fail for it ? also like to hear from others that have or had them installed on there's and there experiance's with having them weather good or bad.

I have no idea about this item, has i have never had them before, but want to find out about them to make a decision weather to buy or not, so any help or info would be appreciated thank you, Mike.

Looking at these on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XENON-HID-Headlight-Conversion-Kit-H4-TOYOTA-YARIS-/200639610471?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb70d7e67

Wow 65 people so far and counting with no idea/help or info lol, can tell this is going to be a hot topic of conversation in this yaris forum

Must be alright then, no problemo, just gett'em and stick'em in then :yawn: tired of waiting would say thanks for help but not been any, not finding this forum very helpful compared to previous others i been on for different cars. hope it improves

Must be alright then, no problemo, just gett'em and stick'em in then :yawn: tired of waiting would say thanks for help but not been any, not finding this forum very helpful compared to previous others i been on for different cars. hope it improves

Lack of any answers might just tell you that the majority of Yaris owners do not see the need to fit the (illegal) hid kitS. Proper HID lights require a full powered headlamp wash facility...these kits do not have them.

Most are quite satisfied with upgrading the standard headlights for the replacement high intensity bulbs which are cheaper and street legal and will not give you problems at MOT time

Don't waste your money on throes HID kits from eBay

BY THE WAY.....PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE WHICH YOU DO NOT SEEM TO POSESS

YOUR ATTITUDE TO THE FORUM AND IT'S MEMBERS IS UNLIKELY TO GET YOU ANSWERS........BUT IT APPEARS THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE UP YOUR MIND AND DO NOT NEED HELP ;) :)

All i wanted to know was worth getting or not, and if not alternatives instead of them, and yes i have no patience, very hotheaded somtimes and jump in feet first without thinking first, but don't condem me for it, everyone's different and variety spices things up lol, just wish it didn't take so long to get a single answer to a straightforward question that's all RED :jester: SORRY.

Can you recommend any good brands of high intensity bulbs please ?.

Most if not all members of this forum have job and family commitments and give their time and effort on a voluntary basis - some even go on holiday so being polite and patient will probably get you more replies. The I want it now attitude doesn't cut much ice around here I'm afraid.

I f you do an Internet search for VOSA rules relating to the fitting of after-market HID lighting you will find the definitive answer regarding the legal and MOT aspect of such fittings.

Also do an Internet search for headlight bulb reviews - there's loads of information out there. Go to the Auto -Express website - they do regular reviews on car bulbs, etc. That way you can decide for yourself which make or brand of bulb to fit.

Will try to control myself when asking questions, new to Yaris and have lots of questions about them, now and in the near future.

Seen a documentary on Youtube by Auto-Express about HID'S and the correct type of headlight to use them with, don't think my phase 1 Yaris has them, don't want pulling by the rozza's or to cause injury to others or myself.

Looking at these, lots of people say these are very good bulbs

http://www.wilcodirect.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67_119&products_id=10014

What do you think please ?

Will try to control myself when asking questions, new to Yaris and have lots of questions about them, now and in the near future.

Seen a documentary on Youtube by Auto-Express about HID'S and the correct type of headlight to use them with, don't think my phase 1 Yaris has them, don't want pulling by the rozza's or to cause injury to others or myself.

Looking at these, lots of people say these are very good bulbs

http://www.wilcodirect.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67_119&products_id=10014

What do you think please ?

They seem reasonably priced ......If you get them you must not touch the bulb glass with your bare hands when fitting them as this will shorten their life considerably

Changing the headlamp bulbs on the Yaris can be a fiddly job and will require lots of patience

A good tip is to place some kitchen towel in the engine bay under the bulb locations when you change the bulbs ......This can prevent the bulbs being damaged if you drop them when fitting. You will also possibly take some skin off your knuckles when changing Yaris headlight bulbs :(

Because the replacement bulbs are much brighter it is essential that the beam alignment is spot on after changing the bulbs or you will attract "unwanted" attention.

Good luck!

Well I wouldn't go down the Hid route myself, purely down to lack of knowledge on the subject. I have been looking at LED's but again you need a certain amount of knowledge for that to as the low voltage can set off "CanBus" errors ???

I've always settled for higher quality replacement bulbs, Philips Blue Vision for the side lights, Halfords own Brilliance range for main beam and Silvatec chrome for the indicators.

I should point out though I have had problems before even with E marked Silvatec bulbs where the MOT inspector said they weren't "orange" enough. So I simply keep a normal orange set and switch them over for the MOT. On that occasion they failed the car, swapped the bulbs over, binned my Silvatec's, retested and passed ! Bit annoying but there you go !