Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat/nav Latest Version

John

Hi All

Anyone know what the latest version of Sat/Nav is for the Avensis, I've just bought a 2002 model and asked the dealer if its got the latest version in? He told me it has and said they only come out every 2 years. If I take my Sat/Nav CD out and look at the disk will it cause me any problems when I put it back in, will it reload itself and will I lose any data on it?

Cheers

John

The latest version is at least April 2003 that I know of. My dealer reckoned that a new version was coming out this month with the M6 Toll road on it, but he didn't know his ***** from his elbow on much else so I can't vouch for the accuracy of that one. I've also heard that all the new models from April '04 will have a DVD based Sat Nav unit and that they won't be doing updates for those of us with CD based units. If anyone has any official word on this let us know.

You won't have any problems if you take out the CD. I took mine out to burn a back-up copy and had no snags with it.

Grant

Guys

As far as the CD / DVD techcnology is concerned then this can be worked out by knowing which navi system you have fitted. If you've got a TNS200 system then it is CD based which means that you have to change the CD for each country you are in. The TNS300 system is DVD based which means that you only need one DVD for the whole of western Europe.

As for updates, Toyota release these every August although they also issued a special update at the beginning of this year to include Norway and Ireland.

Hope this helps

Jim

• 2 years later...

Hi All

Anyone know what the latest version of Sat/Nav is for the Avensis, I've just bought a 2002 model and asked the dealer if its got the latest version in? He told me it has and said they only come out every 2 years. If I take my Sat/Nav CD out and look at the disk will it cause me any problems when I put it back in, will it reload itself and will I lose any data on it?

Cheers

John

Hi the latest Sat Nav version for the TNS310 is 2006 -2007 version cast £159.00

all the best

Norman.S

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links