Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cirusdny '00 Starvan Corolla

CirusDny

lool

I can almost imagine you sliping bubble wrap...xD

I've already been searching for the best way to do the job and some told me about those products you told me... I'm gonna see if I can get some here... Others say that black spray tint applied with a sponge also does the job but I don't know...

Thanks mate... The spark for the car came back again... :driving:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Good news... Just finished switching the Steering wheel!!!xD

I've re-painted it on Monday and it has been drying till today.

i've switched it but since its dark I can't get some decent pictures soo tomorrow I'll get some shoots of it and post them here when I can...

Hey Steven, how do I change the light stalk?! xP

Hello,

first, sorry for posting to your thread CirusDny.

I am from Hungary and I absolutely new here in toc, until this moment I was just a reader. The reason why I have to post is the grill what you swapped Cirus. I am looking for it too!! But nor in Hungary and neither on eBay I did not find this G6 grill. Where from you get that? Please help!

Btw, my car: https://soiq2w.dm1.livefilestore.com/y1pfEVx0OX7jh94soHoIcl87eQRho90asaL8hAPuIPGAH6ZkzWmd0n_pqQb_1_j3AJFN-yx-xDNTj6Z-au9c3cz8aHZvTr2jdp2/20121020231.jpg?psid=1

1. Hello,
    I am from Hungary and I absolutely new here in toc, until this moment I was just a reader. The reason why I have to post is the grill what you swapped Cirus. I am looking for it too!! But nor in Hungary and neither on ebay I did not find this G6 grill. Where from you get that? Please help!
    Btw, my car: https://soiq2w.dm1.l...0231.jpg?psid=1

Hey there...

Well I also looked on eBay and in Portugal and USA but I couldn't find it also...

I joined TOC because I saw on google a pic of a member here (Steven) and I loved his car so I joined and talked with him. He did a mod (red light dash) that I'm also doing so I asked him advice.

After some conversation he told me he had this G6R grill for sale and I bought to him...

You can try talking with him to see if he can get another... He has good relationship with Toyota dealers in the UK so I think it's better if you talk to him and see if he can get you one...

I can't see you car by the way... :s

1. Hello,
    I am from Hungary and I absolutely new here in toc, until this moment I was just a reader. The reason why I have to post is the grill what you swapped Cirus. I am looking for it too!! But nor in Hungary and neither on ebay I did not find this G6 grill. Where from you get that? Please help!
    Btw, my car: https://soiq2w.dm1.l...0231.jpg?psid=1

Hey there...

Well I also looked on eBay and in Portugal and USA but I couldn't find it also...

I joined TOC because I saw on google a pic of a member here (Steven) and I loved his car so I joined and talked with him. He did a mod (red light dash) that I'm also doing so I asked him advice.

After some conversation he told me he had this G6R grill for sale and I bought to him...

You can try talking with him to see if he can get another... He has good relationship with Toyota dealers in the UK so I think it's better if you talk to him and see if he can get you one...

I can't see you car by the way... :s

Aaah, you are lucky :D I will send him a message, thanks the information!

I've sent wrong link to you about my car, here is the correct one: https://emfbja.dm1.livefilestore.com/y1pPfQclFusxuywmxqmCzpLpmK24exlOY0mJFI7mBAXJ7wmm0hKrF1JZL6SXdIfUzAbyHtK0O7GOfnhCHAoNreyaM5BWk4othhD/20121020231.jpg?psid=1

Hey guys!

Good news... Just finished switching the Steering wheel!!!xD

I've re-painted it on Monday and it has been drying till today.

i've switched it but since its dark I can't get some decent pictures soo tomorrow I'll get some shoots of it and post them here when I can...

Hey Steven, how do I change the light stalk?! xP

Get some pictures up with what products you used - alot of the SR wheels go the same so itll be nice to have a guide on how to refurb them :)

Re the stalk, you need to remove the steering collumn covers, then 2 screws to remove the indicator stalk. Once the the stalks removed you need to take the clear cover off and remove the 3 screws holding the unit together. The unit with unclip apart then but be carefull as theres springs in there that need to be transfered onto the stalk i gave you. Youll see what i mean when you take it apart :)

Hello,

Btw, my car: https://soiq2w.dm1.livefilestore.com/y1pfEVx0OX7jh94soHoIcl87eQRho90asaL8hAPuIPGAH6ZkzWmd0n_pqQb_1_j3AJFN-yx-xDNTj6Z-au9c3cz8aHZvTr2jdp2/20121020231.jpg?psid=1

Hi mate,

As said above, i managed to strip a salvaged SR of all these parts and bruno had it off me.

They are VERY hard to get hold of and sell for strong money when they do. They dont come up for sale often as very few toyotas were sold with them.

I have built up contacts here in the uk, germany, and hungry. Im always looking for these parts as there is a high demand for them. If i should find another i shall let you know, but they sell VERY quick when i get hold of them. Ive only ever got hold of two grills in over a year

Is's sad :( But thanks your reply Steven. I did not even think, it is so hard to find.

That would be better. Maybe he can get you one...

Looks nice... You already got the lip... I don't... lool

Yeah, the lip was the last one in an official toyota dealership :D

Yeah, the lip was the last one in an official toyota dealership :D

Put a thread up about you car :thumbsup: its nice to see what everyones doing to the little E11s :)

Later :) There is no too much things what about I can write since I've bought the car in January.

Later :) There is no too much things what about I can write since I've bought the car in January.

Make a start, be good to see it how it is, and to document progress. The best colour too...... ;-)

Everything has a begining ;)

Good cars start stock soo... xD

ok, so finally here's a pic of my Corolla with the SR wheel that I've got from Mr. Steven here... :clap:

DSC_2046_zps133123a8.jpg

What do you think?!

Now about how I've done it...

MATERIAL:

• [li]Alcool[/li]
    [li]Smoth Sponge[/li]
    [li]Smoth cloth[/li]
    [li]Lether Tint[/li]
    [li]Hair Dryer[/li]

Soo the wheel was like this:

DSC_2033_zps8c397ed8.jpg

DSC_2030_zpsefb51665.jpg

1 - CLEANING

First clean the Steering Wheel very well with the smoth cloth with some alcool in it to remove dust, stains, and any dirt the wheel has.

Don't put your hand on the wheel after you clean it so that it won't get dirt from your fingers and hands on it.

2: PREPARATION

Dive the sponge in water to clean it (use a NEW sponge) and remove some loose fibers from it.

Squash the sponge some times until it sucks water. When the sponge sucks the water than take it out of it and take all the water off the sponge. Let it dry some time until it has no water.

3: PAINTING

Now to paint it I used this tint I found in a store near my house.

DSC_2039_zps3abd8cb9.jpg

Now, to paint the steering wheel, do it in a dust free place because dust can get stuck in the paint and the final result would have some "bumps" in it...

Try not to put too much tint in the sponge. I used the sponge to paint the wheel because it leaves less traces than a brush.

First do a pass in the hole steering wheel with the sponge with tint and then start spreeding the tint with small circular movements until the painting is uniform.

Let it dry for 10 minutes and then you can use the air dryer at a medium temperature at about 30cm from the steering wheel to help dry the tint faster.

After that let it dry for about 1 hour and repeat the process until you have the desired color and result.

WARNING: this tint dryes fast so do the passages fast so that it won't dry with you still doing the circular passages because you can start to rip the tint that is already a little dry.

Now let the steering wheel dry for about 48hours if your impatiente or for 1 week to be secure.

After finished you get something like this:

DSC_2036_zpsacbd59f1.jpg

DSC_2032_zpsad1619cf.jpg

DSC_2031_zps89a5462b.jpg

DSC_2037_zps330a0982.jpg

Airbag

DSC_2038_zps3335a862.jpg

I hope this guide helps someone... :clap:

WOW!!

That came out fantastic!! Youve done a real good job to that :thumbsup:

Looks great on the car, they look sooo much better than the lower spec wheel :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links