Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Avensis 30K Service Woes

Nallen132

Booked car in for 30k service, advised rear brake pads needed changing so authorised it, when they came to do the work the bleed nipple on both rear calipers has sheared off, when they tried to remove the calipers the bolts have also sheared, lucky its still under warranty. This is my first toyota and in the 8 monthsI have owned it, it has been back to the dealership 4 times for things like this, I am not going to be keeping it when the warranty exipres next year.

I sort of expected more from a Toyota...

It is poor that such items should fsil during removal especially on such a young car - did the garage show you the damged parts??

No they didn't and i didn't ask.. not sure what i would have been able to see anyway...

That is not good, will be interesting to know their explanation. I have a 2010 Estate which is in for it's 2 year service on Saturday which includes a brake fluid change, will let you know if that causes problems. Did you have the brake fluid changed at 2 years/20,000 miles?

yes it is a shame that these items have failed and I'm sure Toyota themselves would be disappointed. Try to focus on how the problem was resolved - are you satisifed with it? In my experience Tyota resolve issues well - even if their mechanics have contirbuted to them in the first place.

Service and brake fluid change went ok. I found the electric parking brake was quite noisy when operated so I asked them to look at this too. They say it is not right but have to get authorisation from Toyota to change the actuator under warranty. Will have to book it in again when it has been authorised.

Have to say that the electronic parking brake is my only real gripe with the car, it is not within easy reach and so I don't tend to use it whilst waiting at junctions, traffic lights etc. I had always been used to pulling the handbrake on in such situations as it was easy to use. The downside of just keeping the foot on the hand brake is that anyone behind gets blinded by the brake lights especially in the dark, but then a lot of drivers don't consider this as a problem or consider others so I guess I will have to join them.