Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel Pump Or Srvs

socks

Hi just joined i've got a w reg Toyota avensis d4d turbo diesel.i've had it in garage for 3 weeks because it wouldn't start.They tested it for everything and decided on the diesel pump after putting new fuel filter on cheking for blockages air and leaks.I decided to buy second hand pump for 175 pounds.They put it on.Seemed fine at first but now most of the time it starts first time but after a long or short journey you have to turn ignition and leave it cranking for ages before it starts also sometimes engine management light comes on and engine shuts down.It left a fault code p1226 fuel line malfunction.Someone said it could be the SRV valves on fuel pump.Could anyone help me,could it be another faulty pump or SRV valves on the pump. THANKS FOR ANY HELP CHRIS.

Welcome to the TOC

hi Chris

check with :

- SCV (both) mounted on the pump body (their control solenoids resistance must be as stipulated in the manual);

- have fuel injection system bled from an air and be sure you have assembled filter correctly.

- check with all diesel lines to prevent an air sucking;

regards / Igor

thanks garage checked diesel lines with a vac test.They said they have assembled filter correctly.dont know about fuel injection system.Could you explain how to test scvs because phoned diesel jones in manchester they said they needed pump and scv in pump to test. thanks chris.

hi forgot to ask where can you get hold of a manual for this model seen petrol version by haynes but not diesel thanks chris.

thanks igor for all your help going to get scv tested and probably buy new set.regards chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links