Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much For 60,000 Mile Service?

blue monster

Greetings all,

I have done a search and can't seem to find any thing that indicates what the 60k service will cost me at Mr T.

I plan to supply my own oil (Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30 fully synthetic) which Lindops are more than happy for me to do as per my 40k & 50k services plus for when I had my new engine which obviously reduces cost a bit.

Any ideas what I should expect to pay?

Thanks

Martin

Gus,

I'm confused, if I follow this link it gives three prices, intermediate, full & full +.

I don't recall getting any options like this for my 40 & 50k services, am I missing something here, I just want a service?

You need a full of full plus. The intermediates are for 10k intervals. The full plus throws in air and fuel filter which yours is due for. If you barter you will get brake fluid in at the price which is normally extra.

.....but also have the cheek to ask them to ensure they bleed the clutch fluid also too forbye, Martin....yer Welsh....just act normal....

Big Kev

Don, thanks for the info, I thought it would probably be due a biggie purely as the wife has racked up almost 19k since the new motor was fitted in November last year so I want to make sure every thing is as it should be.

Kev, I will tell them that if they don't do it that you'll be down to sort them out :chair::boxing::bash:

There still seems to be confusion in the Toyota network regarding fixed price servicing. In my case the Toyo dealer advertised, but did not do the fixed service. I was also able to negotiate a discount for spares, and the service costs. I believe that the 60000 service has plugs as well so the service plus is required.

I believe that the 60000 service has plugs as well so the service plus is required.

I am assuming that you mean heater plugs as mine is a diesel?

Oh yes, of course mine is petrol. Sorry for the delay in reply, but we have had BIG fires here in Spain, and our phone and internet were burnt out!! Big devastation, and now waiting for insurance to call, and phone to be repaired. :fireman:

Mine is in today for 60k mile service. Will let you know the result when I get it back later this afternoon.

Mines due 60k service in the next month or so. Just presumed it was the £229 "full" service required. The "full plus" at £299 doesn't seem to have much more in it (other than fuel filter) so can't see what the £70 is for?

Dave

It is the full plus that mine is in for today, although thy have kept it overnight to sort out the blower problem (blowing hot on driver side regardless if setting - gear/actuator stuck inside dash so 4 hour big labour job).

Mines due 60k service in the next month or so. Just presumed it was the £229 "full" service required. The "full plus" at £299 doesn't seem to have much more in it (other than fuel filter) so can't see what the £70 is for?

Dave

It's for buying air, cabin and fuel filter and having them fitted. It is why we have all these things pinned.

First sentence- thanks for the explanation.

Second sentence- bit harsh? Looked through pinned section, not too clear at all tbh.

Dave

There still seems to be confusion in the Toyota network regarding fixed price servicing. In my case the Toyo dealer advertised, but did not do the fixed service. I was also able to negotiate a discount for spares, and the service costs. I believe that the 60000 service has plugs as well so the service plus is required.

No confusion in the network as such, the confusion lies in the fact the "FPS" schedules now superceed what is in your service book, so intermediate, full and full plus do NOT exactly replicate 10, 20, 40 etc. So when you get a service done, dont try and mirror what was done to what is listed in the service book. Full plus lists change brake fluid, but the change is at additional cost

Kingo :thumbsup:

Second sentence- bit harsh? Looked through pinned section, not too clear at all tbh.

Dave

Wasn't having a go at you Dave. I was just saying that these little jobs are generally easy and can save owners quite a bit of "mopping up" money :thumbsup:

Dave

Wasn't having a go at you Dave. I was just saying that these little jobs are generally easy and can save owners quite a bit of "mopping up" money :thumbsup:

Just "full" then (to keep the service record up) and then change the other bits myself (already changed the cabin filter recently as it'd never been done by the look of it!)

Dave

Dave

Just "full" then (to keep the service record up) and then change the other bits myself (already changed the cabin filter recently as it'd never been done by the look of it!)

Dave

Thats it Dave. The air filter is just 3 clips then hinge the lid back in and the fuel filter is pinned. If you don't mind crawling about, the brake fluid isn't too bad and I will do a tech tip if you like.

Dave

Dave

Thats it Dave. The air filter is just 3 clips then hinge the lid back in and the fuel filter is pinned. If you don't mind crawling about, the brake fluid isn't too bad and I will do a tech tip if you like.

I will have a go doing the air/fuel filters but brakes are a bit different. Mucking up something that makes the car "go" is one thing. Mucking up something that makes it "stop" is quite another!!

Dave

Booked in for next week for the full+ & brake fluid as the wife has done 10k in the last 5 months and will continue to do the miles at this rate so want to make sure every thing is right.

Mine is still with Toyota. Had it since Tuesday! Apparently they are short staffed! They said the service (£299) would take the majority of Tuesday and they would do the heater issue on Wednesday and are charging me 4 hours labour (£312) plus parts (if any). Had it for 4 days now and gave said that if not finished today, they will give me a courtesy car today to use for work on Monday (I was off this week). Can't help but feel this is taking much linger than necessarily anf I may have been pushed to the back of the queue...

They shouldn't have let you book the car in if they didn't have time to do it!

A service shouldn't take all day. If it did they couldn't do it for £299!!

I think you're right, back of the queue for anyone not making a fuss.

Dave

They said they have had 2 mechanics call in sick. They did say I could have it back and re-book for another day but I told them to keep it and get it done. Have given me a little Yaris until Monday evening when they say it will be done.

They said they have had 2 mechanics call in sick. They did say I could have it back and re-book for another day but I told them to keep it and get it done. Have given me a little Yaris until Monday evening when they say it will be done.

Couldn't ask any more then

Dave

All sorted now. Managed to fix the aircon without parts so only paid labour on that too. Service was indeed £300...

Although it may end up costing me considerably more as I now want a new Rav4 after looking at the showroom!!!