Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hsd Headlights Dazzling?

smuddell

When driving at night I often find that on-coming vehicles flash their headlights at me, as if they think I have my headlights on full beam and am dazzling them. Obviously I haven't - definitely on dipped, and I've set the angle at the lowest possible via the control inside the car.

Went to the local dealer who said there is nothing wrong!

Just wondered if there are any other Auris drivers who've noticed the same thing? Is it maybe the "spread" of the lights gives oncoming traffic the impression that I'm dazzling them?

Drive a LHD one on frequent overnight journeys across Spain and never noticed a problem

I've not had that problem. Sometimes get people flashing my DRLs :)

I've noticed my headlights are brighter than average (no idea why as I haven't upgraded them), but I have adjusted them to the highest level still staying legal. People do flash if I have them adjusted to 0 in the cabin, so I usually run at one click down and only get flashed on the very odd occasion.

One thing I would say though is that I have adjusted the nearside (passenger side) headlamp slightly higher than the offside, which gives a straight cut off across the road with a reasonable extension along the kerb. Dave.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links