Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Potential Head Gasket Issue, But Not Certain? Help Please!

Tee786Avensis

Hi guys... I have an Avensis 2.2d4d on a 56 plate. My car went in for a routine service at an independant garage (not Toyota) and the mechanic noticed white water like marks on the engine cover, plus the coolant was low. I had the servicing work carried out (using genuine Toyota parts) and my mileage was showing 111,998. I can also hear water flowing through the heater matrix when i start the car in the morning. I think my car is most probably suffering from thishead gasket issue. I decided to replace the radiator cap (genuine Toyota cap) and its still loosing coolant!!! So i decided to call my local Toyota garage and spoke to the service manager who acknowledged this is a common problem with this engine and also confirmed the extended warranty does cover the engine. He went onto say the mileage cutoff point is 111,814 and because my car was showing 111,998, he would need to refer to Toyota HQ to see if they would honour this under the warranty, as i am slightly above the mileage cutoff point. The next day he called me and said Toyota have refused to honour this under the warranty. So far i have driven a few hundred miles since the service and i haven't noticed any water marks on the engine cover and no sign of overheating or loosing power. But the coolant is still seeping through the overflow pipe next to the radiator cap??? I haven't yet done a pressure test so cant be certain it's definately the head gasket???

Any help / advice would be very much appreciated. Can i still somehow get Toyota to replace my engine if i carry out a pressure test which confirms it's definately this head gasket issue???

the extended warranty for this issue is beyond what a manufacturer is required by law to provide & is offered by Toyota at their discretion.

You can try everything that you want (& imo it's probably worth discussing with Toyota direct yourself) but at the end of the day you can't force Toyota as they are under no obligation.