Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Twin Pipe Rear Skirt + Dual Sports Silencer

UnReaLT

I've been working towards a little side project for the past couple of week.

I'd like to thank 'davethefish' for providing the rear twin pipe skirt in black (not primer :P) to match my black Auris.

Took me about 55 minutes to cut the original bumper and fit the skirt, clips and brackets.

I opted against using the adhesive provided by Toyota and instead used windscreen adhesive / glue.

I know its difficult to see the skirt, given that the car is Black, but in person you can really see the difference.

The result so far:

img0051rp.jpg

------

img0053qz.jpg

I stuck on some mounting tape onto the skirt creatively to allow the adhesive to set overnight.

I'll be taking them off in the morning...

Next step: I'm waiting for Toyota to order in a pair of bolts for the dual exhaust as the original ones are rusted to the point where they'd snap off. I got charged £15 for them which is scandalous - I noticed that the Toyota dual exhaust system has welded nuts on them with a special thread, maybe they thought that they'd make money off the part this way, I went to so many shops, but I could not find the correct bolts, so I gave in and ordered them off Toyota.

I'll add pictures of the welded exhaust nuts later.

Once they arrive on Wednesday; I'll fit the dual exhausts and take some pictures of the finished look - more to come.

Here is the picture of the welded nut on the exhaust that is driving me 'nuts', maybe I could just break it off and put on bolts and nuts from B&Q - but I'd rather be safe than sorry, I don't want the car blowing and leaking, so best to stay safe.

img0057lm.jpg

Here is a picture of the exhaust system to be installed on Wednesday morning after I pick up the bolts I ordered:

img0055pm.jpg

I hope to have the finished pictures on here Wednesday night after work....

The only thing that put me off this conversion was the price !

New Toyota Motorsport 17" Podium alloys wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza RE050 cost me £150 all together for alloys + tyres.

Bargain of the century, got them fitted today, the grip is astonishing; on par with the personal favorite tyres Michelin Primacy HP, however I need to to get used to the road noise, as my Michelin Primacy HP were quiet, could never really hear them, unless they need to get run in, I'll update after 500 miles or so:

img0064gv.jpg

img0063iy.jpg

img0068rw.jpg

Got my Bolts coming tomorrow for the twin exhaust, can't wait :P

Exhaust finally done, took about 45 minutes to do, as the old nuts were rusted badly and were difficult to remove and the ones provided by Toyota were incorrect, so I had to angle grind the screw above the thread to ensure it fits:

img0076jr.jpg

img0074wfm.jpg

img0073b.jpg

img0071ei.jpg

img0087tg.jpg

img0086rt.jpg

img0084rq.jpg

img0083ppg.jpg

img0079kn.jpg

Next Step: Halo Headlights (but it may take a while as I try to do as much research as possible before starting anything)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi there,

Apologies for the almost a year and a half later - I didn't realise. It set me back about £90 for the black rear skirt for the dual exhaust and £250 for the twin exhaust system and an extra £15 for the bolts.

Can anyone shed any light on this video:

I'd like to know if anyone has attempted to put the angel lights on the Auris as in the video, it looks awesome..

My opinion is don't do it. Angel eyes is a BMW thing and doesn't look good on any other car IMHO. But if you still want to proceed yes it is possible, just open the lamps and insert some original rings. For the fog lights you don't need to do that as there is a set available which has them pre-installed. It's called Garax I think.

DSC_3180.jpg

• Like 1

The one in the pic above looks good tho

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

My opinion is don't do it. Angel eyes is a BMW thing and doesn't look good on any other car IMHO. But if you still want to proceed yes it is possible, just open the lamps and insert some original rings. For the fog lights you don't need to do that as there is a set available which has them pre-installed. It's called Garax I think.

I suppose - I'll leave this option open for some other time, the fog lights look good on that car too - is it yours?

Nope that's not mine, just some random guy who installed Garax fogs. if you want to see mine please click here.

• 4 weeks later...

That exhaust set up is the nicest thing Ive seen on an Auris, well done!

Brought mine with the Toyota motorsport package already fitted.

post-120276-0-99083600-1403385186_thumb.

post-120276-0-81720200-1403385245_thumb.

post-120276-0-74173000-1403385371_thumb.

Is it possible to order the parts from Toyota them selves or source from abroad

Yes - It is possible to order from Toyota directly.

Dual Exhaust Part: PZ439-E9715-00

Rear Skirt Part: PZ439-E9463-AB

Nice car Steve - I love the full package but I can't see myself putting it on my car as its Black and it just wouldn't stand out as good as it does on yours! ^_^

I'm guessing also that there is no difference between the 2.0 and the 2.2 for these parts

That is true. They will fit perfectly on both.

• 1 month later...

Hi!Nice car UnReal T.I like your alloy wheels (one of my favourite in auris and the pitlane also).I think if you fit the side skirts also it will be perfect.I have the 2010 facelift auris with side skirts,front skirt and roof spoiler.i would like to ask where did you find this price for the dual exhaust.i want it but in my country they want 900£.

Hi Nick,

One of the garage owners I go to regularly (who is also my Uncle) has a respectable relationship with a prominent Toyota Dealer in Manchester, United Kingdom that always supplies him with Toyota Parts - they know him very well and he was able to get hold of the parts from them - I provided the Part Number he got me the price - I just go to the Dealership and tell them that such a person sent me and they bring out the parts straight away at the highly discounted prices.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

Apologies for the almost a year and a half later - I didn't realise. It set me back about £90 for the black rear skirt for the dual exhaust and £250 for the twin exhaust system and an extra £15 for the bolts.

Can anyone shed any light on this video:

I'd like to know if anyone has attempted to put the angel lights on the Auris as in the video, it looks awesome..

Where in UK did you get the dual exit exhaust from please?

Hi UnReaLT

I have to say it's a great job you have done!

I'm in the process of doing all this myself.....

I'm waiting for bodykit to come back from paint and I managed to get the drivers side of the twin exhaust cheap.

Now the problem is that the suspension on my late 2008 registered SR180 is completely different to yours and I'm worried it won't fit now!

Before I go ahead and buy the rest of the exhaust do you have any advice?

It should fit your SR180 without any problems.

It will fit Auris 2007-2009 models.