Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Sat Nav

RenRenold

Hello everyone.

Where would I go if I wanted to buy a Toyota Aygo Go Connect TomTom satnav system for my 07 plate Aygo Black.

Answers on a postcard please.

Best Regards

Will

If your Aygo does not already have the Tomtom Connect installed as standard you are in bother as the vehicles wiring loom is slightly different. My Aygo Go had it as standard but it is well out of date so i got myself a stand alone tomtom which is much better.

I removed mine so i know there are additional wires and certain features wont work like spoken directions through the standard Aygo head unit to mention a few.

Thanks for the advice. I use my iPhone as a satnav at the moment but I'm just a bit fed up of having wires all over the place all the time wanted to just neaten the whole system up.

I was thinking of changing the stereo to on with a 7" monitor with sat nav built into it like a Navsure N420i. Has anyone else done something simmilar with their aygo?

Thanks in advence.

There are mounts available that wire directly to the vehicle so no wires dangling about. Brodit make such items and the mount would secure to the dash.

Only issue there is you have the mount on display whilst there is no phone in it. Although I accept that it's a decent halfway solution.

Only issue there is you have the mount on display whilst there is no phone in it. Although I accept that it's a decent halfway solution.

This is quite true and it is my only concern of doing such a thing.

I'd probably personally stick with using your iPhone - best bet when it comes to security etc. If you're bothered about wires/general mess, I'm not sure whether there's a way around the wires issue, but you can buy dashboard mats for the iPhone, rather than having it suctioned to the windscreen. Firebox, eBay and the like stock them, they're heavy so don't fall off the dash and you can just clip your iPhone out and pop the matt on the glovebox shelf.

Aftermarket is of course an option but then there's the hassle of changing it back to original kit when you come to sell - standard parts tend to be more appealing to used car buyers! Hope you find a solution.

The great thing about the ipod and iPhone is that there are many sat nav apps available. I use an ipod touch with the dedicated tomtom mount for it which incorporates a GPS reciever as the ipod does not have this hardware built in.

The best part is that when an update is available from the app store it includes latest maps at no cost unlike tomtom stand alone devices which have payable map updates.

I paid about £40 for the tomtom app and and about £25 for the dedicated mount.

You could alternatively just hardwire a power cable for your iPhone down the back of the dash to the fusebox, and then when you get in the car - just put the mount on the windscreen and plug it in? No hanging wires then!