Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1madboiler

Hi Just bought an 54 plate avensis d4d T2 estate, I went with this because i have a 5 month old daughter and a labrador and the old 307 was'nt big enough (oh & it was SH*%e) not too sure why I kept it for 7 years and 130,00 miles :ermm: . Happy at the moment after giving it a good clean inside (cleaned the seats with my carpet cleaner and the dirt that came out was quite disgusting) the car has 116k so just nicely run in. What sort of mpg should i be getting? I was getting around 45mpg out of the 2.0hdi engine in the pug but obviously this has a much bigger body so it will be down on that...wont it?

I am going to do a service in the next couple of weeks, is there any thing I can do other than oil and filters, i have just read about an EGR valve...is it worth cleaning it whilst i am doing the service?

Any help or advice gratefully recieved...Oh and i know some filthy jokes if you have a humour section

Cheers John

PS just because I live in Tyne & Wear doesnt mean I am a mackam or a geordie...I am a true Yorkshireman with a padlocked wallet to prove it :D

Welcome to the boards and congrats on your new buy. I'm sure it'll serve you well.

Hello John and welcome to the TOC. Try posting on the Avensis club forum for advice. Good luck