Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eml Indicator On

Nir

Hello everyone,

I am new member of this club. I have Toyota Corolla VVT-i T3 2003 Reg. Recently, engine management light came on and I drove to the local garage and left my car for investigation. Half an hour later, they called me and said its camshaft sensor and they replaced with new one. Next day light came back which surprised me. So I called greenflag breakdown mechanic for second opinion and he read fault code P1345 (Crankshaft sensor not camshaft). So I have replaced new crankshaft sensor. After couple of miles drive, its come back again. Any clue??? Do all engine electronic sensors have same fault code?

Your responses will be much appreciated...

Regards,

Nir

Hi,

Depends which code list you refer to.

Some say ' VVT Sensor/Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction Bank 1'

another says 'An obd2 code p1345 camshaft to crankshaft position correlation fault'

or

DTC P1345 Crankshaft Position (CKP)-Camshaft Position (CMP) Correlation Circuit Description This diagnostic trouble code (DTC) monitors the crankshaft position (CKP) and the camshaft position (CMP) signals to determine if they are synchronized. If both signals are not observed by the control module within a narrow time window, the vehicle control module (VCM) will determine that an error has occurred.

Seems they are both interlinked, but its the old problem, is it a faulty sensor or a mechanical problem causing a fault reading ?

Anything been done to the engine recently thats likey to have cause such problems ??

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Nothing been done since I bought Car six months ago. Its been serviced two months back and changed Air filter, Oil filter, Pollen filter, Oil, rear brake pads...

I refer to DTC P1345 code. You are right that some say VVT sensor but it could be any sensors i.e. O2 sensor, MAF sensor, CMP, CKP.. Dont they have specific fault code for perticular sensor? I doubt that its faulty sensor but don't want to change all sensors just to find out fault by trial and error coz it will cost me a lot. As you said, it may be mechanical issue which trigger the sensor. Do you suffer the same problem before? If it is old and common problem, what it could be???

Hi,

No, not an error I have had and searching the whole forum its not one reported here before.

Sounds like you might need to find a good toyota electric engineer...