Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Black Key

dransfield

Hi All

I have lost one of my black keys (still have the other) and would like to replace it as obviously it will be a disaster if I then lose the remaining one and need the ecu changing. Mr T has quoted me £98 to replace and £54 to recode off my remaining key, is this a reasonable price or has anybody had experience with a more simple, cheaper alternative route that I can take?

thanks

When my remote fobs died for my 2001 Avensis, I managed to source a used key from eBay, switch remotes and program it to activate the central locking using free instructions from www.carkeyhelp.co.uk ! These worked first time for programming the remotes but I was unable to reprogram the immobiliser with the car.

Fortunately I was in a position to swap the immobiliser chip from the duff remote and all was okay.

I know you have lost the original key but maybe this could be an option as a spare remote for you to use your grey key?

I lost one of my keys a month or so ago (circumstances so embarassing as to be classified!) and it cost me £140 for a brnd new one from local Toyota dealership.

My insurance company has just started an option to havekeys replaced for around£16 a year on top of usual premium. Shame they didn't startthis a year earlier!