Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4.2 Rear Door Check Strap

Grumpy stumpy

I want to change the rear door check strap so it opens 90 degrees, have seen on here that a 4.3 strap will fit with a slight mod with no probs, Has anyone ordered one from jap parts recently as one for a 4.2 is listed at £51.00 and one for a 4.3 at £39.00, have sent them an email asking why the difference in price but had no reply, so was wondering wether to order the cheaper one and hopefully will fit. Local Toyota dealer has quoted me £83.53 +vat T68650-42040 for there modified one. any advice appreciated please.

I wouldn't alter the 4.3 for a 4.2. I originally posted that advice on the understanding that somebody had an old 4.3 part. If you are buying new just take the extra £12 on the chin. It will be a proper job and not a compromise and you only have to fit it.

Unless............... one of our owners has an old 4.3 you could buy cheap. I suggest the sell it to you cheap rather than give it to you if you are that careful you won't cough up the extra for the proper thing ;)

I wouldn't alter the 4.3 for a 4.2. I originally posted that advice on the understanding that somebody had an old 4.3 part. If you are buying new just take the extra £12 on the chin. It will be a proper job and not a compromise and you only have to fit it.

Unless............... one of our owners has an old 4.3 you could buy cheap. I suggest the sell it to you cheap rather than give it to you if you are that careful you won't cough up the extra for the proper thing ;)

Thanks for that I see what you are saying, No I'm not that carefull ! Just mainly wondered why one was a lot cheaper than the other and thought if the cheaper one fitted why spend more than have too. Cheers for advice.

The 4.2 is anchored differently at the door frame. Maybe it is the manufacturing process or volume related.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links