Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 D4D Previa

rondean

Hi All

I have had all the normal warning light problems with my previa, I had to fight the local main dealers tooth and nail to get it all fixed, warranty run out at 3 year old, but it had only done 30k I have had her from new,

I proved to toyata head office that thay had lied and lied to m,e and put me back on the road, twice ? with a death trap, it had just had its 30k service

Toyota fixed it all for free in the end, new turbo, cat sensors the lot, more a dealer problem than the car which I love to death, now at 58k.

Problem has just popped up, push it hard out of a rounabout or to overtake and at 3000 rpm, it cuts out or hesitates for a second or so, and then loses all its power, other times it still drives like a dream, and I THINK I can hear a very faint high pitched squeal, but then again, I am not that sure.?

any suggestions, as I am terrified of taking it back to the main dealers as I know they can not be trusted at all, last time it was for a service, they wanted £1800 + to repair the air con as it was in a dreadfull state and dangerous ?? they said.

it needed regassing and that from a Peaugot dealer.

next time it was the tyres all need to be changed ? said they could not let the car leave the garage as it was dangerous ?? took it to a friendly tyre depot, told him what they said, He just said, been to ++++++ for a service them ? tyres fine, bit low prssure on one of them but quite safe.

I still think it is one of the best cars I have ever had, and love driving it on long trips abroad, pity theyhave stopped makign them as I will have to keep this one. started all those years ago with the first space cruiser, happy days

Regards

Ron

• 4 months later...

• Could be MAF ( mass air flow sensor) try disconnecting it and see it is the best way. Warning light for the engine come on but it is ok in order to test it.Mine was doing it and would not go over 3,000 rpm and was smoking. They are £150 new , most on eBay want £80 but found one for £26 on eBay deliver, seems OK now. The MAF sensor sits directly behind the air filter if you look to the rear left of the air filter you can see where it connects to the air filter just pull the lgu and disconnect it and try it. Good luck

Firstly, check and write us OBD II codes. It can show us much more. Your written problem can be connected with everything (fuel system, pressure, air feed and ....).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links