Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What The......!

firemac

Why has my profile suddenly sprouted "0 Warning Points"?

Warning of what? Have I become dangerous all of a sudden? Has someone taken a dislike to me? Am I back at school?

Any enlightenment gratefully received.

Warning of what? Have I become dangerous all of a sudden? Has someone taken a dislike to me? Am I back at school?

POSTED BY STEVE (ADMIN) 23 August 2012

"warning points are only seen by the account holder and the moderating team.. if it's zero then nothing to worry about "

Jim, would not worry about it.Probably a bit of Big Brother watching you, as it says if you have nil points don,t worry.

Regards Clare

POSTED BY STEVE (ADMIN) 23 August 2012

"warning points are only seen by the account holder and the moderating team.. if it's zero then nothing to worry about "

Yes, but warning about what, exactly? Am I in danger? Seems a strange sort of thing to have on a motoring forum. It certainly wasn't there before.

Never come across it before Jim on any forum.I suppose it is a form of " self-moderation".What I do object to ( and will probably get a warning over this) is over zealous Mods moving Topics from one thread to another. This as happened twice in the past month on the Rav 4 section, and has really "rattled my cage", and it is the same one who keeps doing it. I could go on but will leave it at that for now,

Regards Clare

Never come across it before Jim on any forum.I suppose it is a form of " self-moderation".What I do object to ( and will probably get a warning over this) is over zealous Mods moving Topics from one thread to another. This as happened twice in the past month on the Rav 4 section, and has really "rattled my cage", and it is the same one who keeps doing it. I could go on but will leave it at that for now,

Regards Clare

Indeed. You wouldn't want the knock on the door in the middle of the night - virtually, of course.

I feel as if someone is trying to slap my wrist although it would be nice to know why. It does seem a bit "cloak & dagger"-ish.

Regards Clare

Clare....To answer you on this.....Topics that are posted on Type specific forums that are not specific to that type will be moved to the "general" forum or the forum more relative to the subject

The reason for this is not the moderators being over zealous as you put it, but to tidy up the forum so that readers who are using the search function at some time in the future are directed to the relevant subject

The "warning" function was introduced on the last update to the forum software and as you have said it gives each poster a personal feedback and is hopefully self moderating.....(It can only be seen by the individual member and the Moderating team)

Will you get a warning for your post?..........Mmmm.......Not this time! ;) :)

Regards Clare

Clare....To answer you on this.....Topics that are posted on Type specific forums that are not specific to that type will be moved to the "general" forum or the forum more relative to the subject

The reason for this is not the moderators being over zealous as you put it, but to tidy up the forum so that readers who are using the search function at some time in the future are directed to the relevant subject

The "warning" function was introduced on the last update to the forum software and as you have said it gives each poster a personal feedback and is hopefully self moderating.....(It can only be seen by the individual member and the Moderating team)

But "a personal feedback" on what? It's all well & good saying that it is "self moderating" but it is totally ineffective if the poster does not know what he has done to deserve "moderating".

Come on, Man, spit it out, what have I done???

Regards Clare

But "a personal feedback" on what? It's all well & good saying that it is "self moderating" but it is totally ineffective if the poster does not know what he has done to deserve "moderating".

Come on, Man, spit it out, what have I done???

You have done NOTHING.....That is why you have 0 (ZERO) warning points

If at some point in the future you are awarded warning points, the reason for the award would be made very clear to you.

In the meantime......Keep Calm and Carry On!

I have points.

What do I win?

I have points.

What do I win?

You got your warning point back in March 2008 for trying to deceive the swear filter!...........Nothing changes eh? ;)