Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Missing Mpg Button?on My

ticktockmac

On my gen. II Prius there is a button on the steering wheel that toggles between a display of Battery charge and mpg for the current trip display (normally the current tankful in my case). I can't find a similar display anywhere on my new Gen III Prius - only a display of average mpg since new, average speed (mysteriously precisely 30 mph) and total mileage. Can anybody point me in the direction of what I'm looking for?

Yep a friend let me test drive their gen3 and I saw the same thing.

Was a bit weird after being able to toggle through the 2 gen2 displays.

Looking forward to hearing from gen3 owners on this so I can clue my mate in.

on the gen II model that feature encouraged me to be lightfooted - I'll miss it. It also helps to indicate if something's going wrong and consumption is getting worse

Hi ticktockmac,

There are several options for displaying fuel consumption on the Gen III.

Each of the two trips (Trip A and Trip B ) records average MPG since it was last reset. I reset Trip A each time I fill with fuel, and Trip B every time the car is serviced. You can switch betwee these by pressing the steering wheel TRIP button. There are also other options such as miles left in the tank - you actually have about 70-80 miles left when this reaches zero.

There are also options to display interval fuel consumption, either 30 minutes at 5 min intervals or 15 minutes at 1 min intervals. Also the energy monitor. You can get these by pressing the DISP button on the steering wheel.

There is also an instantaneous MPG display.

All of these are shown in the smaller multi-information display on the dashboard, so the display is not as pretty as the Gen II. On the T-Spirit, the large display is only used for the satnav.

You can only see the average mpg on the HSD screen though (the same one as shown on the HUD).

Put the HSD screen on and cycle through the trip functions.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links